Hardware Platform Application Engineer
In this position you will be joining a team with the vision to provide world-class engineering support to our customers and scale Intel's Reach in the Data Center through customer advocacy, enabling and support. Joining the Data Center AI Group DCAI as a Platform Applications Engineer PAE in the Datacenter PAE team.
In this role you will have an exciting opportunity to apply your technical knowledge with the primary responsibility for direct Tier 1 customer support enabling the next generation telecommunications platforms design with Intel products. You will have opportunities to excel at collaboration with Tier 1 customer design teams designing with these products.
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to board design reviews, guiding and supporting the customer through design tool usage and complex debug of design issues. Collaborating with internal and external teams as a customer advocate to include customer enabling collateral creation. Developing and presenting technical product training materials.
Works to help resolve customer's technical questions and issues, participates in customer visits, meetings and presentations. Needs to have communications skills and be a technical advocate for the customer.
The ideal candidate should demonstrated the following behavioral traits:
- Work autonomously onsite at customer locations.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated technical writing/presentation skills.
- Work well in a diverse team environment.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Software Development/Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of Customer Support or validation experience on Intel Architecture based platforms.
- Knowledge of both hardware and software, with a preference for Intel Architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in schematic, printed circuit board layout, and typical lab tools.
- Experience reading and creating technical specifications.
- Fundamental understanding of Intel Architecture Processors and Chipsets.
- In-depth understanding of communications platforms software/hardware architecture.
- Design experience or working knowledge of Intel Architecture systems, chip sets, or processors.
- Knowledge of PCI, PCI-Express, DDR3/DDR4 memory interfaces.
- Run time control tools i.e. ITP or JTAG.
- Experience with Linux, BIOS or low level programming is beneficial.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs