Facilities TD Electrical Engineer
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity and Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do. We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services' success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today.
As a Facilities TD Electrical Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide projects and sustaining electrical engineering support at our 24x7 facilities.
- Act as one of Intel's System owners of the site's electrical distribution system. Sustain engineering responsibilities.
- Model the electrical power distribution system and track changes.
- Troubleshoot electrical system problems conducting breaker coordination and arc flash studies, track electrical loads and capacity.
- Deliver operational efficiency maintenance testing and commissioning solutions identify qualify and implement system upgrades provide technical leadership to 3rd party support respond to power outages and disturbances and lead the recovery effort, to participate in cross-site teams.
- Communicate tactical concepts across a wide range of employees engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Help maintain the facilities document control system by ensuring electrical as-built drawings are incorporated into the master CAD drawings.
- Ensure electrical system model is up to date and all construction specifications as built O and M manuals and submittals are received after project closeout.
- Help maintain and organize the document control storage area for fast retrieval of information drawings specifications manuals, etc.
- Work closely with Project Engineers contractors and engineers on project design, commissioning and closeout documentation.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of external consultants.
- Provide design and engineering support on projects.
- Organize set up and maintain a CAD document control system.
- Review and approve all electrical designs supporting the facility.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Project Engineers architects engineers and contractors on new construction renovation projects.
- Review electrical design specifications submittals studies and drawings.
- Possess thorough knowledge of low amp medium voltage electrical distribution systems including transformers, low voltage substations, generators and UPS systems.
- Review and challenge cost estimates budgets and ROI analysis to work on multiple projects and issues concurrently.
- Be an expert of the latest NEC codes with the skills to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Lead and work in a project team environment is essential.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
This is an entry-level position and will be compensated accordingly. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other equivalent Engineering field.
- PE Registration or EIT certification.
- Easy Power or SKM software.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Excel Word PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in:
- Maintenance design and/or operation of electrical switchgear, transformers, VFDs, diesel generators, static rotary UPS and low voltage distribution equipment.
- Low and medium voltage electrical power system 35kV and above maintenance design and/or operation, this includes electrical modeling, reviewing equipment drawings and submittals troubleshooting electrical equipment issues implementing protective device coordination studies and load flow analysis.