Director of Strategy, Semiconductor Engineering
Intel is undergoing a significant business transformation on a massive scale, making it among the biggest, most highly-watched business reinventions ever. Our customers and partners trust that we bring the highest level of engineering and manufacturing excellence, invention, insight, and service and continue to be on the leading edge of technological breakthroughs that create new capabilities and categories, transform industries, and improve lives.
Intel now operates in a wider competitive set, with growing capabilities and new entrants whose innovation, investment, and momentum shift Intel's position from an industry incumbent to a challenger brand.
As we transform, our core strengths - technology, engineering , partnerships and relentless pursuit of excellence, will power the future of computing and communications.
Intel Corporate Strategy Office is building a new corporate function - the Engineering Strategy and Intelligence team with a charter to develop and maintain world-class Engineering Strategy and operational Intelligence. Its mission is to Inform and guide Intel's executive staffs on best-in-class Engineering practices and trends, and recommend actionable operational targets to drive the Intel engineering machines, so that our innovation, insight, ingenuity, and resources can be harnessed to address the world's biggest challenges.
In the role of Director of Strategy, Semiconductor Engineering we are looking for an experienced engineering leader to head the semiconductor engineering desk.
This position requires an expert in silicon engineering, who has successfully built engineering organizations and methodologies, has lead semiconductor products from definition, simulation, incubation to high volume manufacturing to launch and sustain. This leader is expected to have high cross-team coordination capabilities, be an excellent listener, eloquent communicator and implement systems and process to create economies of scale
In this role, you will:
- Lead Corporate and division level strategic discussions across product lines and engineering groups to formulate and implement strategies that will accelerate Intel's engineering excellence
- Produce primary, often novel research and analysis work products, and benchmark engineering practices, methodologies and capabilities.
- Partner with the executive management to clearly articulate Intel's engineering strategies to internal and external audiences including Intel's board of directors
- Indirectly influence and peer-manage a diverse set of technical and business leaders as project teams navigate ambiguous and often contentious unknowns with large potential impact on the corporate direction.
- Participate in industry forums and technical committees, synthesize secondary data looking for trends and insights, identify and close gaps in the collective knowledge base
- Identify key engineering and operational challenges, develop insights, strategies, methodologies and systems to resolve
- Comfortable working across geos and in tight timelines to deliver executive consumable content.
- Very strong demonstrated analytical/communication/influencing skills, needs to be able to influence at the VP/Senior Executive/Fellow level across the entire organization including and up to the CEO
- Strong understanding of the ecosystems and competitive dynamics across different semiconductor markets
- Demonstrate superb strategic acumen and a growth mindset
- Exemplary skill in peer influencing, indirect leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through all levels of the organization
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with strong technical background.
- 13+ year of overall semiconductor industry experience.
- 4+ years in Silicon Engineering Management or Architecture.