Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
The mission of Intel's Incubation and Disruptive Innovation (IDI) team is to create an environment to identify new opportunities for innovation and disruptive technologies as a path to create new markets and new organizational capabilities leveraging Intel's competitive advantages. IDI is a fast paced dynamic and startup-like organization that is responsible for incubating novel ideas within Intel. Our portfolio includes HW, SW Solutions and SaaS (software as a service) businesses.
The venture team within IDI is chartered to disrupt the immersive video experience market segment by designing and delivering solutions for innovative video capture technologies. We are looking for a passionate individual to join the team as computer vision/video processing algorithm engineer. We are seeking an individual with a passion for technology and one who enjoys working on challenging computer vision/video processing problems.
The CV algorithm engineer is responsible for building computer vision and imaging algorithms-based software solutions. You will create and implement new CV algorithms or use existing traditional and deep learning CV algorithms to solve applied problems covering the full media pipeline from capture to viewing. You will engage in pathfinding activities in this domain.
In this role, your daily activities will be anything but ordinary.
- You will own the computer vision and video processing pipeline for immersive video solutions, to deliver optimized software for specific HW platforms (including, but not limited to, CPU and graphics), providing support to integration, testing, tuning and debugging.
- You will lead a small team of engineers and be hands-on to deliver highly optimized and efficient code that meets the required KPIs.
- Identify emerging industry technology trends to support future generations of the immersive video technologies, by developing new project proposals and PoCs, determining technical feasibility, and validating customer interest.
- Masters degree (with 4+ years’ experience) or Bachelors degree (with 6+ years’ experience) in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical degree.
- Experience developing, implementing and optimizing in one of the following: Light field / computer vision / video processing algorithms.
- Experience in software development (C++) and optimization for specific Hardware platforms (including but not limited to CPU and graphics).
- Knowledge of the underlying HW architecture to deliver optimized implementations for that architecture,
- Experience in developing and bringing to market software solutions.
- Working knowledge of media codecs (e.g., HEVC, etc.) and video streaming solutions
- Experience with deep learning applied to computer vision/video processing
- Experience leading teams of software/optimization engineers
- Experience with computer vision libraries (OpenCV) and optimization environments for computer vision (e.g., Open VINO, CUDA, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a highly ambiguous environment where tasks and priorities may change quickly without warning