Sr. Hardware Engineer
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join the DCAI's Cloud Engineering Hardware (CE-HW) team as a Sr. Electrical HW Engineer. This individual will be part of a larger cross-functional Architecture/Engineering team (i.e. Board/ System, Thermal/Mechanical, SI/PI/PD, etc.) responsible for Co-Engineering Cloud Systems with strategic Cloud Service Providers (CSPs).
Additionally, this person will be a leader in CE-HW's Electrical and System Center of Excellence (CoE) - defining/driving/bringing to market new platform level innovations and solutions that:
- Proactively addresses platform, system, board, and component level issues our CSPs face- Integrate Intel's Adjacent Technologies/Solutions (i.e. Networking, PMEM, AI/Machine Learning, etc.).
- Drive new Platform/HW innovations that push next level performance and innovation within the CSPs environment.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Architect and design electrical HW solutions that meet both internal and external requirements (system, board, and component level) that are optimized for the Cloud (internal Reference Platforms and/or Co-Engineered CSP platforms.
- Be the voice of Intel with our US based CSP customers in a Co-Engineering role; co-architecting/designing platforms/boards, addressing issues (Root Cause/Corrective Action), and influencing the technical direction of the program.
- Collaborate with various engineering disciplines (i.e. Thermal, Mechanical, Analog, FW, BIOS, SW, Validation, PnP) to Co-Engineer and optimize Intel's platform for the specific application of the CSP customers (i.e. Workloads, Usages, and Environments).
- Create new Platform/Electrical innovations that enable increased performance, remote debug, telemetry on Intel solutions.
- Work with internal stakeholders to be the CSP voice/feedback loop to the greater Intel (i.e. Influence future products, improve current and future PDGs, CSP challenges, and roadblocks, etc.).
- Analyze electrical test/validation data and correlate to internal data on internal RPs, determine opportunities for optimizations.
- Willing to work with key resources and stakeholders (i.e. Arch, Si design, SI/PI/PD, mechanical, thermal, BIOS, FW, PnP, etc.).
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach to problem solving and willing to make business decisions in a technical environment.
- Willing to work independently and in a solid team environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both internally and customer facing verbal/ written.
The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum of 4+ years of industry experience, Master of Science degree with 2+ years of industry experience, or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Additional qualifications include:
- Technical background in both board and platform design.
- Experience in schematic capture, PCB layout, and typical lab tools.
- Experience to lead the power-on, test, and debug of platform/board designs in the lab.
- Experience with eCAD design tools (i.e. Cadence OrCAD, Concept, and Allegro).