Substrate Packaging Technology Development Functional Area Manufacturing Enabling Engineer
Become a part of Intel's Advance Packaging Team by joining the Substrate Packaging Technology Development (SPTD) organization. Our mission is to be the supplier of choice for leading and affordable substrate packaging. Join the SPTD organization to assist in achieving our mission and continuing to make this a great place to work.
Specifically the SPTD Functional Area Manufacturing Enabling team is looking for a manufacturing engineer to help enable manufacturing capability for next generation tools and products. A manufacturing engineer plays an integral role in leading and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to define, develop, and enable safe, manufacturable, and low cost methods and procedures in direct support of program deliverables.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with key stakeholders to improve safety, quality, and output.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to enable the manufacturability of new processes and tools.
- Creation and implementation of cost and labor content reduction initiatives.
- Detailed analysis and presentation of factory constraints, cycle time gap to goal analysis, and ownership of cycle time improvement roadmaps.
- Direct observation and validation of inputs for labor, capacity, and WIP flow analysis.
- Leading forums with key stakeholders, fostering manufacturability shared learnings and continuous improvement.
- Driving a lean culture by implementation and support of efficiency improvements.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing line and challenges.
- Partnering with other Operations teams and managers to build 24/7 capability.
Candidate must exhibit the following behavioral traits/skills:
- Initiative and ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment.
- Problem-solving, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Capability to approach complex problems logically and systematically with critical thinking.
- Leadership, influencing, and stakeholder management skills.
- Teamwork, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Program management skills.
- Makes use of independent research and self-directed learning to solve operational issues and implementation obstacles.
- Comfortable working and problem solving in a fast paced, team environment
- Capability to understand systems interactions/dependencies.
This is an entry level position and compensation and compensation will be given accordingly.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with 3+ months of experience or Master's degree with 6+ months of experience or PhD Degree with 1+ years of experience in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent Engineering field.
Must have the required degree or expect the required degree by December 2022.
1+ years of experience in the following:
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
- Factory Operations and/or Engineering experience.
- Manufacturing Science and Lean Methodologies, including Lean Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt certifications.
- Data analysis skills, including use of applications such as JMP and SQL Pathfinder.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs