Substrate Packaging Research and Development Engineer
Become a part of Intel's Advance Packaging Team by joining the Substrate Packaging Technology Development (SPTD) organization. Our mission is to be the supplier of choice for leading and affordable substrate packaging. Join the SPTD organization to assist in achieving our mission and continuing to make this a great place to work.
This is for a position of Senior Packaging R and D Engineer the in SPTD Laser Area. SPTD Laser Area is looking for a Packaging Research and Development Engineer to join the team in support of next generation substrate and packaging technology development.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Foster and champion core packaging technology solution development covering the whole life cycle.
- Be involved in defining and maintaining the technology roadmap in their area of ownership, driving the equipment and/or materials suppliers' technology roadmap to meet Intel future demands.
- Own bringing the tools to Research and Development sites and qualifying the tools to meet production requirements.
- Plan sequence of operations and develop procedures and recipes for new tools and processes, exercising judgment and compromising between conflicting requirements, meeting technology, cost and manufacturability goals.
- Owns sustaining the tools under his/her ownership to ensure process health, providing tech support to troubleshoot process and tool excursions in a timely manner to ensure minimal disruption to production.
- Be able to collaborate smoothly with peers and various support teams to accomplish the above mentioned job functions.
Candidate must exhibit the following behavioral traits / skills:
- Written and verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Solid model based problem-solving skills and capabilities.
- Demonstrated capability to combine sound engineering judgement and data analysis skills to draw conclusions, build models and design experiments.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a MS degree with 3+ years of experience or a PhD degree with 1+ years of experience in Materials Science and Engineering, Apply Physics, Photonics/Optical Science and Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other applied engineering field.
5+years of experience in the following:
- Industrial laser solutions and system integration for laser micro/nano machining or fabrication.
- Structuring and manufacturing of optical dielectrics using lasers and/or hybrid technology.
- Fundamental understanding of processing, microstructure and properties of materials (polymers, composites, metals and ceramics), and material characterization techniques such as SEM, TEM, FTIR, XPS, AFM, XRD, etc.
- Design of experiments, statistical data analysis, and statistical process control.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs