Software Application Development Engineer
The charter of the Supply Chain and Manufacturing Decision Support (SMDS) Group is to build innovative decision-support solutions for the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Operations (MSO) group to help maintain Intel's IDM advantage, leveraging our deep Operations Research, Advanced Analytics, and Software Architecture skills. Our solutions have been recognized over the years both internally as well as externally to Intel.
As the Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining our suite of decision support applications across manufacturing and supply chain domains.
- Analyzing new and evolving business requirements and map them to technical requirements.
- Identifying data needed to model business requirements, develop data architecture to support the requirements.
- Identifying downstream and upstream data flows needed, build the interfaces to ingest data from upstream sources and present the data to downstream consumers.
- Developing data quality monitors to analyze incoming data to ensure data integrity across the application.
- Identifying user interface needs and design/develop them to meet user requirements.
- Monitoring application health and drive solutions to improve usability, performance, scalability, and supportability.
- Supporting and partnering with application users to explain results and resolve any data and system issues.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Team member mentality.
- Good problem-solving, analysis and communication.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- The candidate must possess at least one of the following degrees plus the years of experience determined for each degree in the areas specified below
1- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field, with at least 3+ years of working experience.
2- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field, with at least 2 years of working experience.
- Object-oriented design and programming using C Sharp, .NET Framework, and/or .NET Core.
- Database management systems, specifically MS SQL Server.
- Algorithms and data structures.
Familiarity with other database management systems (in addition to MS SQL Server), big data principles and components, Agile/Dev Ops principles.