Process Technology Development Engineer Night Shift
Become a part of Intel's Advance Packaging Team by joining the Substrate Packaging Technology Development (SPTD) organization. Our mission is to be the supplier of choice for leading and affordable substrate packaging. Join the SPTD organization to assist in achieving our mission and continuing to make this a great place to work. The role of a Factory Engineer is to provide factory support by handling technical, equipment and process issues in real-time to facilitate 24x7 lot movement through the manufacturing line. Factory Engineers respond to process issues, error recovery, lot disposition and many ad hoc duties that the factory may require.
Typical shift duties include:
- Receiving both written and verbal passdown from leaving shift peers.
- Aligning on priorities with management.
- Going to support area on the factory floor and aligning with MFG MTs.
- Majority of shift is in the factory.
- Supporting process problems and making disposition decisions. This may require the use of a microscope or other metrology equipment. Running DOEs, if needed.
- Writing/Updating Specs, as needed.
- Provide engineering level support throughout the shift.
- Communicate by email with Tool Owners and others on issues that require day-shift follow up.
- Prepare for, and provide a passdown of all shift activities to on-coming shift- Both written and verbal.
The candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits or/and skills:
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Verbal and/or written communication skills with the willingness to effectively communicate with peers, engineering and customers.
- Flex and efficiency of handling multi-task operations.
- Willingness to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Be a self-starter capable of managing own activities as well as supporting team activities.
This is a night shift position: Sunday through Tuesday and alternating Saturday nights.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences .
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree with 3+ months of relevant experience or Master's degree with 6+ months of experience in any of these engineering disciplines Materials Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Chemistry Physics or related discipline.
Must have the required degree or expect the required degree by Dec 2022 .
1+ years of experience in the following:
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will require an on-site presence.
-Statistical process control (SPC), design of experiments (DOE) principles.
-Semiconductor packaging process.