Process BIM Estimator
Intel Estimating is developing an integrated estimating capability to enable high velocity, early-stage estimating for global wafer fab construction. We are seeking a motivated BIM-savvy Process estimator who shares our vision of digitally transforming the way we estimate to be better and go faster, and who is eager to help us design and build this new functionality for Intel.
The Process BIM Estimator will partner with the technical Process Estimator to define the standards and baseline data structures needed to deploy BIM data to support early-stage construction project estimates. Together, they will oversee development of the baseline Process BIM model object schema and qualifying estimating data, as well as manage and maintain internally the model schema and data and standards post development. They will participate in early-stage feasibility estimates as necessary as Process modelling subject matter experts.
For assigned active projects, the Process BIM Estimator will participate in BIM set-up activities to ensure BIM estimating data and information requirements are understood and incorporated into project BIM and Estimating execution plans. The Process BIM Estimator will also work closely with project estimators and design consultants to ensure an effective BIM data quality assurance plan is in place; that contains a data standard auditing function and feedback process or system for correcting mal-formed or missing data.
The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong leadership, teamwork and stakeholder management skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, or technical equivalent
- 6+ years of experience using BIM 360 Suite, Assemble, Navisworks, 3D/BIM-enabled quantity take-off and BIM-enabled estimating tools
- 4+ years of Electrical Estimating or Cost Management experience
- Industry BIM Certification (Revit Professional, CM-BIM, or related) is preferred Knowledge of Autodesk and/or Bentley 3D/BIM authoring platforms
- Understanding of project workflows from design, estimating, coordination, procurement, construction support, fabrication
- Experience with common data visualization applications, such as Power BI