Packaging Research and Development Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Engineer’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units.
- Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages.
- Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design.
- Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties.
- Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance.
- Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
The candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits and/or skills:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Tolerance for ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly changing product roadmap environment
- Self-initiated, action-oriented with the willingness to work independently
- Demonstrate technical innovation and delivered results for complex, time-critical technical projects
- Willingness to apply fundamental science and engineering concepts in developmena t to create novel solutions
- Willingness to work in cleanroom environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a BS degree with 4+ years of experience or MS degree with 3+ years of experience or PhD degree with 1+ year of experience in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field.
1+ years of experience in the following:
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
- Integrated Technical Problem Solving with Factory Equipment, Assembly Material Sets and Key Process Parameters (KPP).
- Equipment and Process Recipe Development for Semiconductor Equipment.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE) .
- Semiconductor Process Steps in dynamic Operations Environment.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs