Ocotillo Technology Fabrication Process Engineer
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
The Ocotillo Technology Fabrication (OTF) Process Engineer role is multifaceted. The ideal candidate will have a passion for instrumentation and equipment with the goal of developing a robust manufacturable process module.
As an OTF Process Engineer you will play an important role in the OTF engineering team. You will be responsible for owning all aspects of one or more of the factory's 300 millimeter toolsets. Your sustaining responsibilities will include the safety and cleanliness of your area and ensuring Copy Exactly (CE!)for your toolset. You will also be expected to review the relevant control charts and tool output daily and ensure your toolset and layers remain excursion free. You will be responsible for delivering Model of Record (MOR) availability and achieving 100 percent matching for all relevant operations.
For new technology start-ups, you will be responsible for tool installations, conversions, and qualifications; and sustained matching performance. You will be expected to drive continuous improvement in the health and matching of your toolset(s) by maintaining and driving an improvement roadmap. You will be responsible for leading your tools and area to achieve record tool availability, cycle time, and record low defect densities in support of OTFs factory goals.
OTF supports a High-Volume Manufacturing. As such, your role may include elements of module-level process development in support of the factory's goal and output.
Responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Define roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process. Defines and establishes flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Selects and develops material and equipment for the process to meet quality, yield, reliability, cost, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Plans and conducts experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle.
- Drives improvements on quality, yield, reliability, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Establishes process control systems for the process module and sustains the module through volume ramp.
- Develops strategy to resolve difficult problems and establishes systems to deal with these problems in the future.
- Trains production/receiving process engineers for transfer to other factories.
- Transfers process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory start-up as well as install and qualification of the new production lines.
This position may require working on a day or night shift as an OSE (on-shift engineer) to support toolset needs.
The ideal candidate should have a subset of the following traits:
- Demonstrated capability of working in a high performing team culture which includes: setting high expectations, driving accountability to those expectations with a high sense of urgency, role modeling the desired culture, possess excellent teamwork and leadership skills, demonstrated problem solving and prioritization skills, and driving high performance maintenance goals for the group.
- Ability to use data to influence factory and virtual factory direction.
- Excellent communication, an ability to deal with ambiguity in defining activities, direction, and commitment to task.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate among others.
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- Candidate must have a Masters or PhD in one of the following: Electronic or Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical, Material Science, Physics, Optics, or related field
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design; and the skills to apply that knowledge to tool matching, tool qualification, and process development.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries including process engineering, integration and yield.