Facilities Technician / Nights
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
We are hiring compressed workweek (CWW) Night Shift Facilities Technicians for our Ocotillo, AZ campus; home to 4 wafer fabrication factories with 2 additional under construction. We are hiring for the following disciplines: Chemical/Gas Delivery Systems, Mechanical, Exhaust, HVAC, Ultra-Pure Water, Industrial Waste, Water Treatment & Reclaim.
These positions are for the following compressed workweek (CWW) night shifts:
- Shift 4: (nights frontend) 6PM-6AM Sun-Tues and alternating Saturday nights
- Shift 6: (nights backend) 6PM-6AM Wed-Fri and alternating Saturday nights.
As a Facilities Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Role model safety as an Intel cultural value
- Operate and maintain facilities systems that support Ocotillo CS facilities
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance procedures
- Utilize Maximo Maintenance planning software
- Assignments are semi-routine in nature with work performed within generally defined parameters
- Some degree of judgment is required in resolving non-standard problems
- Work alongside an engineering team to enable the Factories to operate optimally
- Interact with the factory and other customers and stakeholders
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Organization and time management skill
- Willingness to excel as an individual contributor and part of a team
- Work across multiple facilities operations disciplines
- Adhere to stringent environmental compliance culture
- Willingness to work nights on a compressed work week schedule
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Associate of Art or Associate of Science degree in HVAC, Mechanical, Chemical, Water and Environmental Technology, Plumbing, Gas Fitting, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Facilities Maintenance Technology, Microelectronics, Mechatronics, Renewable Energy Technology, Water Treatment and Recycling, Industrial Waste, Fire Protection Technology, Industrial Process Operator, or related technical or STEM field.
- Military service with 1+ year of work experience in Mechanical Systems, Water Treatment or Wastewater System Operations, Facilities Maintenance, Electrical/Power, Automation & Controls or related facilities maintenance experience.
- 1+ year of experience in any of the following:
- Industrial Chemical and Gas Systems
- Facilities maintenance (i.e. pumps, hydraulics, piping)
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems
- Ultra-Pure Water
- Industrial waste
- Wastewater treatment and recycling
- Plant operator or maintenance technician