Facilities Engineering Intern - Water Treatment and Reclaim
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
We are hiring a Facilities Engineering Intern (Water Treatment and Reclaim) for our fab campus; home to 4 wafer fabrication factories with 2 additional under construction.
This Intern position is for Summer 2023.
As a Facilities Engineering Intern your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with engineering as well as operations technicians maintaining our WATR systems.
- Commissioning our new WATR system, including FAT/OAT (Function Asset Testing/ Operational Asset Testing) document review and implementation, startup support and system integration of new facilities systems.
- Operate and maintain industrial waste water treatment and purification systems, including biological treatment systems, which support our operations facilities.
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance procedures.
- Utilize quality systems and diagnosing process issues in industrial treatment systems.
- Utilize Maximo Maintenance planning software.
- Take liquid and solid samples and performing routine laboratory tests.
- Interact with factory and other customers and stakeholders.
- Role model safety and be involved in Emergency Response Team (ERT)Treat studies of different chemical constituents feeding Industrial Waste systems.
- Work with field Instrumentation to measure temperature, humidity, pressure, flow and level. Includes air and water analytical equipment.
- Develop calibration procedures and performing calibrations of process measurement and control loop systems that interface with PLCs and/or supervisory control and data acquisition software.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Skills to work with all levels of management, a diverse customer base, and both technical and non-technical partners.
- Analytical skills.
- Skills to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Curiosity and a predisposition for learning and problem solving.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master's or Ph.D. degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Related Certifications.