Advanced Packaging Engineer
Are you looking for pathfinding work and project ownership to enable advanced assemblies and packaging? Our pathfinding team within the Assembly and Test Technology Development group(ATTD) assess and define strategies to bring new capabilities needed for next generation advanced packaging of Intel's products.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading the selection of new wafer level packaging technologies (First-of-a-kind)
- Owning process definition, and program management
- Transferring process to Development Teams
- Develop wafer level advanced packaging acumen
- Applying principles for design of experiments and data analysis
- Defining strategies to drive solutions to a wide range of theoretical and practical problems, which require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties.
- Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- PhD or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Physics or Chemistry or Optical Engineering or Polymer Science and Engineering or related field with:
- 3+ years of relevant experience for MS
Must have the required degree by Jan 2023
- 6+ months of experience with one or more of the following:
- Micro- and/or Nano-fabrication processes and analytical methods Semiconductor process integration.
- Working and running equipment in a clean-room environment.
- Working and excelling within a cross-disciplinary team.
- Design, analysis and interpretation of comprehensive experiments with control legs
- Project Management with external Vendors
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will require an on-site presence.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.