Software Enabling and Optimization Engineer
Intel's recently announced IDM 2.0 strategy includes a plan to significantly expand the manufacturing network, establishing new capacity and skill to meet the accelerating global demand for semiconductors. The Disaggregated Manufacturing Organization (DMO) will play an important role in this strategy, leveraging Intel's Advanced Packaging technology portfolio to deliver leadership products. To enable this ramp, DMO is building an Advanced Packaging manufacturing facility in Malaysia, increasing its investment in this region which has been a critical part of Intel's supply chain for nearly five decades.
As a PGDM Software Enabling and Optimization Engineer on the IE Systems team, you will partner with your team to primarily support the Capacity Planning and Production organizations; you will also support customers across Process Engineering, Safety, Quality and other functions by delivering streamlined, systematized solutions to solve complex factory problems. This role will support the PGDM site and interface, collaborate across all business units on site to deliver systems and tools to meet factory challenges.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Working closely with project managers, technical lead, peer developers and customers local and across geos. Ability to work cross culturally and cope with different time zones.
- Developing, enhancing, and troubleshooting factory decision support and reporting systems to monitor factory operations with specialized and customizable reporting tools.
- Working with automation systems and support groups to develop business systems and processes that improve overall factory efficiency.
- Collaborating with factory engineering groups to remove factory output roadblocks by developing tools and reports that highlight deficiencies and/or areas of opportunity.
- Ability to rapidly respond to customer needs including changing focus based on shifting priorities and dynamic factory demands.
- Managing project effectively to achieve milestones, remove obstacles and clearly communicate with stakeholders.
- Be the super user and go-to person for system tools that team owns and supports
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Demonstrated skill of working in a high performing team culture including driving performance to expectations with a high sense of urgency, role modeling the desired culture, possess excellent teamwork and leadership skills, and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- A proven track record of prioritization and project management skills in driving/ tracking projects.
- Flexibility and maturity in facing uncertainties and changing priorities.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, tolerance of ambiguity, and commit to aggressive goals and win with a can-do attitude.
- Willingness to work with diverse teams in a dynamic environment.
- Motivated self-starter that has strength in working independently as well as in a team environment
- Committed to continuous growth and learning new technical skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in an Engineering and/or Science discipline such as Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with T-SQL, Microsoft Excel (including VBA coding and pivot tables) and object oriented and/or functional programming languages.
- Previous experience in semiconductor within an Automation/Systems role: worked in either Fab front-end or Assembly Test Manufacturing (ATM) back-end Automation/Systems.
- Experience with Intel Factory systems and automation integration, configuration, access, reporting, and sustaining functions. - Systems development a plus.
- SQL experience including strong T-SQL expertise.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills including VBA, PowerPivot and PowerQuery.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of relational database design.
- Experience with software life cycle from requirements to production, R and/or Python, PowerShell, Visual Studio, PowerBI Desktop and SQL Server Reporting Services report development.
- Experience in Web development, Windows server management, data visualization, analytics, modeling, optimizations and statistics, Sharepoint Online, PowerAutomate and PowerApps
- In-depth knowledge of production and/or IE business and processes.
- Must have skill : Power BI and SQL