Penang Advanced Packaging Cost and Resource Project Manager
Intel's recently announced IDM 2.0 strategy includes a plan to significantly expand the manufacturing network, establishing new capacity and skill to meet the accelerating global demand for semiconductors. The Disaggregated Manufacturing Organization (DMO) will play an important role in this strategy, leveraging Intel Advanced Packaging technology portfolio to deliver leadership products.
To enable this ramp, DMO is building an Advanced Packaging manufacturing facility in Malaysia (PGDM: Penang Disaggregated Manufacturing), increasing its investment in this region which has been a critical part of Intel supply chain for nearly five decades.
Join the Intel PGDM Factory Operations team as the Cost and Resource Project Manager who will report to the Business Operations Manager and will be responsible for supporting the factory business plans, cost, and headcount.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting strategic and tactical factory needs while working cooperatively with Finance and other partner/support groups to ensure effective business planning, forecasting, adherence to schedule, risk assessment, and pro-active mitigations are executed.
- Supporting Business Plans (POR, LRP, Scenarios, Budgets), Headcount/Hiring, and working with Finance and factory partners to ensure capital and operating expense is accurate and meeting budget.
- Partnering with the Technology Manufacturing Group/Strategic Planning (TMG-SP): TMG-SP central resources will be a part of the Business Operations team (dotted-line) who will partner with the factory on Layout/Space planning and Capital Ops.
- Maintenance of factory operational data (i.e. cost/spending) analysis and evaluation of factory performance trends to reconcile data while providing variance explanations, risk assessments, and solutions.
- Working with the Business Operations Manager to set and execute the strategic direction for the department.
- Following priorities, getting results across boundaries, role modeling an inclusive work environment, consistent with company and factory objectives and culture.
- Ensuring a safe, inclusive work environment while meeting your area/factory commitments.
- Building strong relationships with peers, partners, and customers to meet objectives in a very dynamic environment.
- Supporting organizational progress through establishment and improvement to business processes.
- Planning, providing resources for, and directing activities to ensure safety and quality while meeting schedules, standards, and cost.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following skills, knowledge, and behavioral traits:
- Detailed understanding of semiconductor factory operations, manufacturing, and the role that cost and resources contribute to success.
- Expertise in capital, operational expense, and resource planning, forecasting and optimization.
- Manage the tactical demands and requests of customers while considering the strategic implications of decisions and plans.
- Lead technical taskforces and resolve complex technical issues.
- Be trustworthy with all sensitive information.
- Inspire team members in a dynamic and fast-paced fab environment while executing to key deliverables under deadline pressure and shifting priorities.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, tolerance of ambiguity, and commitment to task.
- Demonstrated skill of working in a high performing team culture which includes: setting high expectations, driving performance to those expectations with a high sense of urgency, role modeling the desired culture, possess excellent teamwork, and demonstrated problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Willingness to work with diverse teams in a dynamic environment.
- Motivated self-starter that has strength in working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Flexibility and maturity in facing uncertainties and changing priorities.
- Commit to aggressive goals and win with a can-do attitude.
- Project management, problem-solving, and innovation skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills that include synthesizing technical details into effective presentations and communications to senior management in concise executive summaries.
- Bachelor's in Science degree or equivalent experience (as listed below).
- 4+ years of experience in semiconductor within a business operations or finance role.
- 2+ years of experience working with Excel advanced application (formulas/macros)
- Experience working directly with financial and business systems.
- Program/Project Management experience.