Malaysia EHS Manager
Provide leadership, strategic direction and technical oversight to Malaysia site, Penang and Kulim EHS staff. Malaysia EHS Manager will report to the Global ATM EHS Manager. General responsibilities include
- Maintain the health of the Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems ensuring Corporate standards and all federal, state, national regulatory EHS requirements are met.
- Develop and execute clear, strategic EHS plans consistent with the Global EHS strategic goals and objectives, Safety Culture sustainability goal thru strong ATM partnership and other stakeholders. Be the safety conscience for Intel and the gatekeeper of the Safety Management System.
- Ensure Malaysia site is educated on the requirements that need to be met according to Intel guidelines. Guide sites on program implementation, as well as facilitating the sharing of BKMS.
- Monitoring of the site performance health indicators, using leading indicator trends to assess the health of EHS programs and culture. Define action plans and provide timely coaching to relevant management teams.
- Organizational infrastructure - Lead and manage the Malaysia EHS team including resource planning, budgeting, and career development.
- Proactively foresee the potential safety implications or risks of major business decisions or changes and ensure the organization is taking the appropriate preventative actions.
- Help promote and raise EHS awareness at all levels of the organization, including the impact of emerging issues/threats, whether legislative or best practices, on corporate and social responsibility.
- Establish external network in EHS - i.e., industry associations, government agencies and help the site(s) to represent Intel before government agencies involving regulatory and law enforcement matters.
The ideal candidate should possess the below minimum qualifications and exhibit the following behavioral traits
- Bachelor's degree in in the field of Environmental, Health, Safety, or related profession.
- 8+ years of EHS experience in a high-tech manufacturing and tech development environment/large scale multinational corporation or company
- Good understanding of the Malaysia regulatory requirements, exposure to regulatory authorities/permit process and related ecosystem
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail with ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Ability to influence at all levels and willingness to build and foster a strong safety culture
- Strong management skills, an inclusive leader who fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Excellent communication and project management skills. Basic knowledge of local vernacular language is desired.