Intel GPU Customer Support Engineering Manager
SMG's Global Customer Success is a worldwide team which effectively partners with all Intel business units to provide a full range of customer support that spans the lifecycle for Intel's products, programs, and services. Our global services are scalable to meet the needs of every customer from the single end user to the large-scale distributors and original equipment manufacturers. These services include post sale technical support and warranty for all Intel branded products, programs, and services.
The Data Center GPU Customer Support Engineering Manager will work closely with and report directly to the Data Center Support Engineering Director. Primary responsibility is to manage a staff of Product Support Engineers (PSEs). This position works directly with the broader organization and partnering/collaborating with Customer Support Engineering staff and AXG Business Unit stakeholders to help set priorities, understand gaps, and drive organizational objectives. The candidate should have demonstrated people management experience, with a proven background in staff development, technical problem solving and teamwork across organizational boundaries. This job operates in an extremely fast-paced environment and requires a dynamic individual who thrives and excels when ambiguity and challenges are present. Must exhibit a passion for people, process, and execution.
The successful candidate will posses the following requirements/traits for the role:
- Business and Technical Acumen: Subject matter expertise/knowledge in areas of (1) Customer Experience industry standards, benchmarking and measures, (2) customer service/technical support case quality management and industry standards, (3) Knowledge of PCIe/GPU subsystem, including both PCIe HW and driver, firmware, manageability (4) Knowledge of Intel architecture systems, chipsets or accelerators
- Leadership skills: Proven strong leadership skills to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Influence and communication skills: Ability to influence peers, stakeholders, and senior leaders in a large corporate environment internationally. Interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills to tailor information and key messages to the intended audience. Ability to define strategic business plans which tie together the needs of the customer, business, and Intel. Strong customer first mindset.
- Results-oriented: Set and deliver to challenging goals and adapt to changing circumstances. Help lead cross-organizational programs and initiatives.
- Relationship development and management: Build trusting relationships that allow you to provide both practical and strategic guidance. Be known as a collaborative manager and team player who puts the team ahead of self.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical/Computer/ Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar, with 8+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years people management experience managing technical teams.
- Working directly with customers and/or managing technical customer support teams.Influencing, and working with multiple engineering and business teams