Advanced Packaging at Penang - Supports Department Manager
Intel's recently announced IDM 2.0 strategy includes a plan to significantly expand the manufacturing network, establishing new capacity and capability to meet the accelerating global demand for semiconductors. The Disaggregation Manufacturing Organization (DMO) will play an important role in this strategy, leveraging Intel's Advanced Packaging technology portfolio to deliver leadership products. To enable this ramp, DMO is building an Advanced Packaging manufacturing facility in Malaysia, increasing its investment in this region which has been a critical part of Intel's supply chain for nearly five decades. Join the Intel Malaysia Advanced Packaging team where you will be instrumental in developing and ramping some of Intel's newest Advanced Packaging technologies and help us realize Intel's vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth
Disaggregation Manufacturing Organization (DMO) is responsible for enabling and ramping modular manufacturing, which is a critical capability for Intel's leadership products. The project will include 2 types of factories: Advanced Packaging and Bump/Interposer. The Bump/Interposer factory includes the following activities: Passive Interposer (PI), TSV patterning and TSV reveal (TSV- through Si Via) and C4. The Bump/Interposer Department Manager will report to the Factory Manager. We have multiple positions available and will align the roles to the skills and experiences of the candidate. This department will cover Cross Module System (CMS), Vacuum System Group (VSG) and Dedicated Emergency Response Team.
The Department Manager will be responsible for but not limited to:
- New technology process transfer and matching to ensure successful startup and ramp to high volume manufacturing (HVM).Must build a proficient engineering department to run process control and tool maintenance activity.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to enable the organization to meet expectations around safety, quality, output, and affordability.
- The department manager must have sufficient technical knowledge to provide clear management direction for daily operations/maintenance, process engineering prioritization, yield improvement and manufacturing efficiency improvement. As a member of the factory staff, will also be responsible for influencing efforts toward improving overall organizational culture and operation effectiveness. The Department Manager will also be responsible for people and leadership development to grow the organizational capability and must have a proven track record in managing people and the ability to build a compelling vision and mission for the organization and get the direct leaders and employees aligned to this direction.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- To be a self-starter, highly organized, and have an ability to work independently across organizations.
- Demonstrated skills to synthesize complex problems into clear messages and proposals through presentations, as well as communicating throughout the organization and factory.
- Skills to lead problem-solving efforts and exerting influence with other organizations and management.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills with peers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Skills in leading and developing individuals, managers, and teams.
- Skills to provide technical and tactical direction.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Physics/Chemistry/Material Science related field or equivalent and demonstrated experience in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of direct factory experience with a strong technical background with the below skill set:
- 10+ years of direct managing organization of a minimum of 20 people.
- Fab engineering management experience in a 300mm facility and a detailed understanding of MBPS as well as process control systems and methodologies.
- Working experience of vacuum/chillers, test wafer enginering and ERT
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Other LocationsCN,SH,Shanghai;CN,SH,Wuhan;CN,SX,Xian;CN,BJ,Beijing;CN,SC,Chengdu;CN,LN,Dalian;CN,ZJ,Hangzhou;MY,02,Kulim;SG,01,Singapore;VN,HN,Hanoi;VN,SG,Ho Chi Minh CityPosting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlYour privacy matters to Intel and we comply with applicable data protection laws. We collect and maintain personal information for recruitment related activities and your data will not be used for any other purpose. We retain personal information for the periods and purposes set forth in Intel Privacy Notice. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. We do not share your personal information with third parties. In order for Intel to communicate with you on your application results, by submitting your information and proceeding with this application, you agree and consent that we can collect your personal information. You will have the ability to opt-out by informing firstname.lastname@example.org or at any time selecting unsubscribe found at the bottom of our future marketing communications. You have rights to correct, update, request access to or deletion of your personal information as described in Intel Privacy Notice. In addition, if you wish to update or otherwise make changes to your resume, use Intel online application tool to resubmit a new resume.Working ModelThis role will require an on-site presence.
Master's degree or Ph.D. in in an Engineering or Physics/Chemistry/Material Science related field.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs