Advanced Packaging at Penang - Bond/Debond Engineering Manager
Intel's recently announced IDM 2.0 strategy includes a plan to significantly expand the manufacturing network, establishing new capacity and capability to meet the accelerating global demand for semiconductors. The Disaggregated Manufacturing Organization (DMO) will play an important role in this strategy, leveraging Intel's Advanced Packaging technology portfolio to deliver leadership products.
To enable this ramp, DMO is building an Advanced Packaging manufacturing facility in Malaysia, increasing its investment in this region which has been a critical part of Intel's supply chain for nearly five decades. Join the Intel Malaysia Advanced Packaging team where you will be instrumental in developing and ramping some of Intel's newest Advanced Packaging technologies and help us realize Intel's vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
Disaggregation Manufacturing Organization (DMO) is responsible for enabling and ramping modular manufacturing, which is a critical capability for Intel's leadership products. The project will include 2 types of factories: Advanced Packaging and Bump/Interposer. The Bump/Interposer factory includes the following activities: Passive Interposer (PI), TSV patterning and TSV reveal (TSV- through Si Via) and C4.
This area will focus on bond and de-bond equipment and process. The candidate will be reporting to Wafer Level Assembly Department Manager.
The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- New technology process transfer and matching to ensure successful startup and ramp to high volume manufacturing (HVM).
- Must build a proficient engineering department to run process control and tool maintenance activity.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to enable the organization to meet expectations around safety, quality, output, and affordability.
- The department manager must have sufficient technical knowledge to provide clear management direction for daily operations/maintenance, process engineering prioritization, yield improvement and manufacturing efficiency improvement.
- As a member of the factory staff, will also be responsible for influencing efforts toward improving overall organizational culture and operation effectiveness.
- The candidate will also be responsible for people and leadership development to grow the organizational capability and must have a proven track record in managing people and the ability to build a compelling vision and mission for the organization and get the direct leaders and employees aligned to this direction.
The candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- To be a self-starter, highly organized, and have an ability to work independently across organizations.
- Has a proven track record as a strong leader with high technical and analytical skills.
- Has strong knowledge in structured problem-solving methods, a good understanding of statistical data analysis and techniques, planning and prioritization, influencing others, and strong communication skills.
- Is a team player with a high level of synergy w/ virtual factory peers, stakeholders and customers
- Is proficient in the fundamentals of factory operations, process/materials/equipment interaction, change control, pcs, and quality systems.
- Skills in leading and developing individuals, managers, and teams.
- Skills to provide technical and tactical direction.
Relocation is applicable for interested and qualified candidates currently based outside of Malaysia.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Optics, Laser, Chemistry, or related field of study.
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing or engineering environment.
- 8+ years of experience in direct managing of a team 10+
- 5+ years of experience in glass bonding as well as de-bonding
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs