The Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics Custom Compute group focuses on building custom SOC, Package and System products. We strive to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world-class engineering. We work closely with partners across Intel and do not let any organizational boundary get in the way of solving problems. We are looking for a Platform Architect to join our team.
In this position you will help us with the following responsibilities.
- Research, recommend, specify and document technology for platforms in support of organization's strategic vision.
- Responsible for translating business/customer requirements into platform architecture encompassing hardware, software, SoCs and other components designed to support a variety of systems, solutions and applications.
- Design, develop, and analyze overall platform architecture and partitioning between hardware and software to meet use cases and workloads in terms of performance, scalability, manageability, reliability, and security requirements.
- Leads architectural governance and decisions related to product technology and platform tradeoffs as part of a cross functional architecture decision group.
- Provide technical direction for platform, SoC and component design activities. Influences the shaping of future products/solutions by significantly contributing to the architecture and technology employed throughout the compute continuum.
- Provides multilayered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with 12+ years of industry experience. Or a Master’s in the same field(s) with 10+ years of industry experience.
- 10+ years of experience delivering high performance board and platform design products.
Candidate should have 7+ years of experience in the following:
- High-speed interface design, High performing cost optimized designs.
- Delivering products to market for successful high-volume production.
- Design for High current dynamic power delivery and active cooling solutions.
- Working with regulatory and compliance validation for consumer and industrial electronics.
- Provision of second level hardware technical support to ODM/OEM board vendors.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Modern platform level simulation and modelling, functional correctness, power delivery, integrity and signal integrity flows
- Experience with electrical interfaces: PCIe4.0; HDMI; DP, and DDR4/ GDDR5 memory systems and High Speed interconnect.
- Experience in the design of PCI add in cards for server products and exposure to data center customers and usage models.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and validation of high-performance and complex Power and Thermal solutions.