Design Integration Lead, Ohio - Global Construction Engineering
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) who builds the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects on-site with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build, tool install and new factories and site infrastructure. We are looking for world class diverse technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build, Tool Install, new factories, and site infrastructure. We are looking for world-class diverse technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business.
In our group (Global Integration Team), we manage Intel's factory mechanical and electrical utility distribution capacity all around the globe and integrate design between base build facility design and tool install design. We ensure adequate utility capacity is available to support the factory tooling requirements and drive facility construction scope where needed to meet the tool install schedule.
You will have the opportunity to support design integration at all of Intel's manufacturing sites (Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Israel, and Ireland) and proliferate systems and processes across the virtual factory. We believe in using standardization, continuous learning, and innovation to drive better results project over project.
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel, Ireland and Malaysia. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers that work in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints. Our Design Integration Leads are highly valued members of our Global Integration Team within GCE
This position is at our new site in Ohio and relocation assistance will be provided as applicable, however, there is a preference for candidates willing to do a 6-month to 1-year training assignment in Oregon prior to permanent relocation to Ohio.
As a Design Integration Lead, Ohio - Global Construction Engineering your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Plan of mechanical and electrical capacity for the manufacturing equipment (tools) needed in Intel's factories worldwide.
- Manage the process of pre-assigning our tools to their facility points of connection; this precedes design. It allows us to be proactive in identifying gaps and helps us optimize connections; minimizing constructible lengths and validating adequate capacity available to operate each tool.
- Lead an outsourced team that performs this critical function, responsible for managing the budget and resourcing.
- Drive the introduction and use of new optimization and digitized platforms to improve schedule and cost savings for all stakeholders.
- Partner with the layout team to ensure we have complete layouts for the tools in our cleanrooms and influencing layout decisions to ensure construction is achievable.
- Develop discipline scope and engineering solutions which include schedule, budget, and safety requirements for assigned construction projects.
- Interface and coordinating with Design, Construction, and internal Intel organizations.
- Develop metrics to gauge performance with leading indicators.
- Perform feasibility analysis of some of our strategic plans.
- Have accountability and ownership of personal safety and the safety of the project.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Communication skills.
- Skilled collaborator.
- Value for safety and a safe project environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of design experience within the construction industry.
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related field with 2+ years of design experience within the construction industry.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction contract documents, Schematics, and BIM.
- Technical writing experience (e.g. specifications).
- Knowledge of tool install and layout dependent business processes.
- Experience in the following:
- Designing facility systems distribution systems (mechanical, electrical, chemicals, gases, controls) for industrial or semiconductor cleanroom projects.
- Database analytics to drive insights.
- Project planning, coordination, and integration.
- Facilitating virtual meetings.
- Performing cost analysis of engineering options.
- Partnering with construction trades to enable pre-fabrication or off-site manufacturing.