5G/6G Standardization Engineer (f/m/d)
Want to work on defining the future wireless system and standards? Join the Wireless Standards team of Intel for technology and standards development on 5G-Advanced/6G.
The Wireless Standards team of Intel is responsible for pre-standards technology development, standardization, system engineering and standards ecosystem engagement on wireless systems. The team covers wireless standards bodies and industrial forums such as 3GPP, IEEE, ATIS, CCSA, ETSI, NGMN, GSMA, ITU-R, 5GAA, 5G-ACIA, AECC, IOWN GF, etc. Also, the team is engaged in key European Research activities for defining future wireless technologies. The candidate will work in this team as a 5G-Advanced/6G Standards Engineer in defining the future wireless system and standards. The candidate will develop creative and original technical solutions, attend standardization meetings and present related proposals.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Drive/contribute to technology innovations and solutions on 5G-A and 6G and related technology, with a focus on Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) and Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Drive/contribute/present/defend to 5G-Advanced/6G pre-standards ecosystem discussion and industrial fora.
- Drive/contribute/present/defend to 5G-Advanced/6G standardization in ETSI and other SDOs and industrial fora.
- Support 5G-Advanced/6G products planning and development in alignment with standards.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Analytical and research skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Experience working in a diverse and multi-discipline team.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 4+ years of related experience, or a PhD in Electrical Engineering with 1+ years of related experience or equivalent experience in wireless communications.
- 1+ years of experience working with wireless communication design principles.
- 1+ years of experience working with 4G/5G.
- 3+ years of wireless standards engineering experience.
- Experience in wireless systems and standardization.
- Experience on vertical industries, in particular automotive and industrial IoT.
- Experience on AI/ML modeling and simulation.
- Experience on link-level, system-level or network-level simulation.
- Publications in high-quality journals and conferences.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.