Program Department Manager for Magdeburg Site (m/f/d)
Intel has announced a major expansion of Intels production capacities in Europe and plans to develop two first-of-their-kind semiconductor fabs in Magdeburg, Germany, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. Planning has started, with construction expected to begin in the first half of 2023 and production planned to come online in 2027, subject to European Commission State aid approval and funding approval by the German authorities.
- Owning project strategy and planning for the new fabs startup.
- This role entails intensive planning design efforts in various areas of this function, for this project and related projects.
- This role requires a highly integrated knowledge of construction activities, facilities for new fab build, tool install, Install and qual to make tactical and strategic decisions for the factory.
- This role requires high degree of knowledge in startup methodology.
- To maintain a high degree of alignment on these decisions, this role will need to develop a high level of influence and leadership with his or her Department Manager peers, factory and support organizations, and factory management, both within the Ohio site and across Intel's global factory and technology development network.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary stakeholders across the organization to meet committed milestones.
- Ownership includes the entire program schedule and milestones, meeting goals for cost and schedule in quality manner, ensuring infrastructure readiness, risk mapping and flawless execution in all program vectors including Construction, CS systems, People/hiring, training, budget and CPAs, capacity on time, tool install and qual, and communications internal and external.
The successful candidate will role-model Intel Safety and Quality Values.
Demonstrated results and accountability for leadership and role modelling of Intel's cultural attributes as follows:
- Customer obsessed - Seek to understand what matters most to our customers, listening more and talking less.
- One Intel - We before Me. We work across boundaries, collaborating across the aisle and around the world.
- Fearless - We are bold. We take risks and challenge ourselves. We fail fast, iterate, and continuously improve.
- Truth and Transparency - allows the best ideas to emerge and speeds our ability to solve problems faster.
- Inclusion - Inclusion runs through each attribute and is integral to our culture evolution.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits
- Capable of inspiring, leading and motivating a large diverse workforce with a high sense of urgency. Inspire engagement, collaboration, teamwork and commitment within the organization, the global factory network, and partner organizations.
- Apply broad and deep business and strategic acumen.
- Exceptional people manager and or people skills and organizational leadership, achieving results though people, inclusive and leveraging diversity.
- Set clear, actionable strategies to meet the business needs.
- Role model courage, candor, and integrity in the face of change.
- Take informed risks and promote an environment that challenges the status quo.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D in Engineering or science like: physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, material science, industrial engineering and other engineering/science related field.
- Work experience in multiple expertise areas.
- 15+ years of Process Engineering, Manufacturing experience or other related engineering.
- functional areas in 300mm semiconductor manufacturing.
- Technology transfer and ramp with emphasis on process tool installation and qualification.
- Fab engineering and manufacturing experience.
- Problem-solving, and project\program management experience -strong self-initiative and self-learning capabilities.
- An engineering degree and prior technology transfer and startup experience.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management of technical teams.
- Experienced Manager.
- Strategic Planning.
- Model based problem solving.
- Project Management.
- Data analysis capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Strong integration skills.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders.
- Good communication skills.
- Good systems capabilities and Multi-tasking - work in tight timeline, fast response.
- Excellent networking capabilities and ability to communicate/influence with senior management in all functions.
Inside this Business GroupManufacturing and Product Engineering (MPE) is responsible for test development across product segments, supporting 95% of Intel's revenue. We deliver comprehensive pre-production test suites and component/physical debug capabilities to enable high quality, high volume manufacturing.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Final location is Magdeburg site
Interim location of this role is Home Based Office until office premises will be available, ETA: Q4 2022