Construction Manager (m/f/d)
Intel has announced a major expansion of Intel's production capacities in Europe and plans to develop two first-of-their-kind semiconductor fabs in Magdeburg, Germany, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. Planning has started, with construction expected to begin in the first half of 2023 and production planned to come online in 2027, subject to European Commission State aid approval and funding approval by the German authorities.
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) who builds the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects on-site with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build, tool install, and new factories and site infrastructure. We are looking for world-class diverse technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business.
The position reports to the Director of Construction.
- This position may be Virtual or require a temporary training assignment, prior to assignment to Magdeburg, Germany
- Final location is Magdeburg site
- Interim location of this role is Home Based Office until office premises will be available, ETA: Q4 2022
As a Construction Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of Site Construction trade headcount models including forecasting of resources requirements and tracking of actuals
- Maintenance of these models will require direct interface with both trade contractors and CM/GC/DB contractors to ensure all parties are meeting their obligations with respect to labor supply chain planning.
- Development and implementation of processes and systems influencing repeatable performance of contract delivery models, utilizing unit rate compensation, cost reimbursable and Lump sum compensation strategies.
- Construction project logistics including busing, laydown areas, storage, and lunch facilities across the campus
- Construction supplier interface ensuring healthy and ethical relationship and construction practices across the project
- Team training focused on implementation of standard operating procedures across the project
- Efficient management of indirect costs incorporating all programs into a centralized tracking system
- Supplier resources including construction coordinators, trade contractors, and safety and quality suppliers
- Project leadership and mentoring/coaching of the project team
- Identifying and addressing project risk and issues
- Monitoring schedule and cost indicators
- Owning the management and coordination of support services required on a project providing integration with a site ensuring efficient utilization
- Close collaboration and partnering with Finance and Procurement organizations
- The candidate should demonstrate expertise in construction methods and techniques across multi-discipline scope of work.
- Understanding of construction contracting and the development of negotiation plans in accordance with terms and conditions is needed.
- The individual should have the ability to initiate and manage all construction project processes and procedures.
- Must demonstrate ability to utilize, understand, and manage organizational systems or applications.
- The candidate will need to role model Incident and Injury Free philosophies and behaviors ensuring cultural development and continuous improvement.
- Should demonstrate the capability to influence project resource alignment to project deliverables across organizational boundaries at the site level.
- Capable of articulating organizational limitations in a manner that meets the customers' needs and are predictable.
- Influences improvements to internal and external systems that are not effective.
- The implementation of quality systems will be critical to ensure performance to stated project objectives. The candidate should have superb communication skills and capable of effectively performance managing the supplier base.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Leadership and communication skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires.
- Partner and influence in a high matrix environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or a closely related field with 7+ years of experience as construction manager, or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Master's degree in engineering, construction management, or a closely related field with 5+ years of experience as construction manager or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
Must have proficient German and English language skills
- Semiconductor experience
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry standards inclusive of cost control methodologies, schedule philosophies and project execution techniques.
- Budget and contract experience
- Large scale projects and program management.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs