Global EHS Due Diligence Program Manager
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
The Global EHS Due Diligence Program Manager role is a senior level position reporting to Intel's Global Environmental Manager.
This position is responsible for supporting environmental, health and safety due diligence programs for new site selections, acquisitions, and divestitures. In this position the successful individual will be required to continue and further improve Intel's performance as a global leader in responsible site management and to drive Intel's environmental goals, strategies, and programs.
As a Global EHS Due Diligence Program Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- New Site Selection EHS Due Diligence and Permitting
- Evaluate potential new site locations for environmental considerations such as environmental permitting, hazardous waste infrastructure, wastewater treatment, land use history, wetlands, endanger or threatened species and other unique environmental considerations.
- Work with a wide variety of agencies during negotiations (Government, regulatory, economic development entities, etc.).
- Work with external consultants to conduct environmental property assessments for potential new sites to determine the environmental risks.
- Create scope of work for environmental, health and safety (EHS) permitting and due diligence consultant selection. Manage the selection and hiring of appropriate consultants.
- Coordinate permitting activities for the new sites and permit transfers for existing site acquisitions.
Acquisition EHS Due Diligence
- Evaluate environmental, health and safety aspects of existing companies that Intel would like to acquire to reduce potential future liabilities.
- Review and prepare customized acquisition EHS due diligence questions based on business deal parameters and value drivers.
- Review EHS due diligence responses for potential acquisitions, submit supplemental questions, conduct interviews, and provide written summary of findings and EHS recommendations.
- Review and edit transaction documents such as disclosure schedules and acquisition agreements.
- Ensure smooth transition/coordination with Regional and/or Site EHS regarding integration plans.
Divestiture EHS Due Diligence
- Review EHS due diligence questions for divestures, compile requested EHS information.
- Conduct EHS property assessment if needed to document condition of property at the time of divestiture.
The successful candidate should have the following abilities, experience, and behavioral traits:
- Skills to establish relationships with business stakeholders, site operations teams, and collaborate with other support organizations such as New Business Development, Facility Construction, Real Estate and Site Development, legal, public affairs, and government affairs.
- Communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal, with emphasize on the ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to evaluate and EHS recommendation for Environmental Property Assessments.
- Experience with requirements for cultural and archeological assessments and reporting to local Historical or Preservation authorities.
- Broad global environmental permitting experience for new and existing sites from construction to operating permits in air, waste, wastewater, stormwater, wetlands, protection of endangered or threatened species, flora, fauna, etc.
- Experience representing the company in public meetings/hearings, as well as public speaking to large and small groups internally or externally.
- Experience with all phases of consultant selection including writing project scope of works.
- Ability to work across multiple business units and with regulatory agencies.
- Negotiate win-win solutions across multiple internal and external groups with differing priorities.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in developing written documents and technical presentations and to a diverse audience.
- Ability to analyze diverse sets of data and weigh multiple priorities into a single recommendation.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in an Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience in site selection, acquisitions, divestitures, environmental, health and safety permitting and environmental risk assessment/due diligence.
- MS or PhD degree in environmental engineering field or relevant job experience.
- Professional Engineering License in Environmental, Civil, Chemical or a professional certification in related field
- Ability to achieve results by leading and engaging partners internal and external to the company.
- Experience in external forums and industry groups related to EHS permitting and risk assessment evaluations for new and existing sites.
- Broad knowledge of global air, waste, stormwater, wastewater and land acquisition regulations.
- Good understanding of global practices with respect to site selection, acquisitions, divestitures, EHS permitting and environmental risk assessment/due diligence.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
At Intel inclusion means we recognize and respect the worth and dignity of every employee. We promote and sustain a sense of belonging, valuing diverse talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences to help Intel win. Our success depends on Intel’s amazing employees. Make Intel your workplace of choice today. Intel provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in all areas of employment.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, characteristics that are commonly or historically associated with race including hair, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.