IMR Debug Technician
In this position you will be joining the Intel Module Repair IMR group, located in Kulim, Malaysia, with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for technical professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in repair and service delivery.
- Responsible for carrying out and lead product debug, test and repair of PCBA boards to ensure functionality and accuracy; meeting the quality standard, delivery timeline and performance metrics.
- Troubleshoot, analyse and provide solutions to circuit failures at board level, by using multi-meter, oscilloscope, debug/test equipment and/or other tools as applicable.
- Perform works from schematics, diagrams, layouts, technical documents and/or standard operating procedures to carry out boards repair for field units and/or customer returned units.
- Able to perform rework/soldering at component level by operating rework and soldering tools.
- Analyse and record debug/test/repair results, prepare written documentation, and progress reports on a regular basis.
- Debug/test/repair WIP inventory control to ensure performance metrics are met.
- Provide technical coaching, mentoring and/or training to others as assigned.
- Support the development of documentation for test, debug and repair procedures.
- Support test, debug and overall repair yield improvement.
- Support repair cycle time reduction and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have at least a Diploma in electrical and electronics, mechanical, mechatronics, or related technical discipline.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience (debug/test/repair).
- Preferably with experience in board repair industry. Candidate with experience in debug/failure analysis/troubleshooting or hands-on experience in test/rework/repair will be an advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge in circuit analysis of schematic diagrams. Able to read and interpret schematic drawings and understand assembly instructions.
- Strong technical knowledge in Debug, Test (Functional and/or In-Circuit).
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret PCB layouts, component datasheets, rework instructions, common scientific and technical documents related to equipment specifications.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair functional failure board independently.
- Able to perform rework and/or soldering.
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write routine reports, pass downs and correspondence.
- Ability to Lead and train technician on Debug technical knowledge