Graphics Researcher PhD Internship (m/f/d)
Intel's Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics group (AXG) delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology. If you are passionate about computer graphics and want to work with leading graphics researchers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then AXG has opportunities for you.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Conduct research devising new techniques in real-time 3D rendering under the guidance of an Intel graphics researcher
- Implement and analyze new real-time rendering algorithms or other highly parallel algorithms.
- Potentially impact Intel graphics hardware and software products and publication in industry or academia.
We're looking for graphics explorers who are collaborative and team oriented with strong written and verbal communications skills, ready to follow ideas and findings where-ever they take you to innovate and make a difference with Intel real-time graphics. Come join us.
Candidate must be a student currently pursuing doctorate degree in computer science or electrical engineering with an emphasis in 3D graphics.
Candidate should have 1 + years of work or educational experience in the following:
- Software development in C++ with graphics shading languages and/or GPU compute languages (e.g. OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX12).
- Ability to comprehend and analyze rendering literature.
- Experience developing advanced graphics algorithms such as: raster graphics, ray traced based graphics, global illumination, depth of field, motion blur, acceleration structures, etc.
- Expertise in designing task-, data-, and pipeline parallel algorithms and systems.
- Experience creating real-time rendering effects using programmable shaders.
- Background in applying machine learning techniques to graphics with familiarity with TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Familiarity with serial and parallel programming environments used in real-time rendering such as C, C++, TBB, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Knowledge of GPU architecture and/or GPU workloads and performance characteristics.
- Experience using profilers and debugging tools for performance analysis.