FPGA / Embedded Applications Engineer
Become a member of one of the largest engineering companies in the world! Intel is on a mission to create and extend programmable computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on earth. To make this ambitious mission happen, we need the right people who will share their passion for our vision. Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Intel Federal (IFED) group within our larger Programmable Solution Group as a FPGA / Embedded Applications Engineer!
Intel Programmable Solutions Group, (PSG), is seeking committed, customer-focused, and motivated candidates to work with public sector customers on new processes and products to drive innovation and leading-edge FPGA projects. As a Hardware Design Engineer/Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting customers and enabling the successful completion of customer projects by providing technical expertise, guidance, design optimizations, and issue resolution. Our Hardware/Applications Engineers are engaged during all phases of the product development cycle including feature definition, project setup, project execution, and primarily technical support. You will provide technical training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to developers in specialty areas of the FPGA during the product design cycle. In addition, they create example designs and work with Intel engineering resources to validate and debug current IP products.
Your role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support, fully resolve customer issues and queries from the Intel office or when appropriate on-site at the customer facility.
- Analyze customer designs, and provide solutions for Intel's intellectual property, IP cores, and I/O technologies targeting leading-edge Field Programmable Gate Array FPGA technologies, efficiently implement these optimizations on FPGAs.
- Create designs for customers, analyze customer designs, identify bottlenecks, and provide optimization techniques and guidance on Timing optimizations.
- Provide demonstrations and proofs of concepts to highlight Intel FPGA capabilities.
- Participate in collateral development.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on using the technology and providing feedback on how to make it easy to understand and use.
- Developing technical assets such as user guides, application notes, design examples, demos, and training that will enable customers to successfully design with our products.
You must possess the below minimum education requirements and minimum required qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Additional preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field and 4 years of experience or
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field and 3 years of experience.
- 4+ years of Embedded/FPGA design experience
- 4+ years RISC or ARM programming experience
- 4+ years FPGA design and optimization
- 4+ Experience in Verilog and/or VHDL coding and debug skills including RTL code optimizations for timing closure
- 6+ years of FPGA or Embedded design experience
- Debug experience (e.g. system level, product level issues)
- Experience with design tools (e.g. Design Compiler, Vivado, Quartus, etc.)
- Embedded software engineering or system design.
- Applications-class embedded processors and embedded design.
- Hardware/board debug.
- Experience in Verilog and/or VHDL coding and timing closure, familiar with FPGA design and optimization flow
- Experience with high-speed test equipment such as scopes, BERTs, spectrum analyzers, and protocol analyzers