Estimating Controls Manager
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Estimating is part of TD (Technology Development) and responsible to provide all estimating support for global capital projects supporting Technology Development TD, Fab Construction Enterprise, Corporate Services, Assembly Test Manufacturing and Assembly Test TD. We are looking for world class technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
The Estimator is a key member of project execution team, strategic teams and global support. This position is for the Ohio Estimating Controls Manager overseeing construction estimating projects in the Ohio Region. This position will be responsible for leading the estimating charter on all assigned capital programs within this region. This is a new site and will require remote operations and site visits in the early phases. This includes, ensuring estimating policies and procedures are understood, used, and executed, alignment with stakeholders across business units, assist in updating or defining policies and procedures, support site management forums including the Design Review Meetings and Strategic Meetings, managing all 3rd party support and controls procedures, developing detailed estimating plans for each projects, defining the strategic plan and tactical plans to grow and improve the estimating, and support the bridging between all project support groups. In addition, will manage the formal risk assessments and trending processes on each project to ensure consistency across projects.
Estimator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Estimating Controls Manager will be responsible to support all estimating services for all assigned construction projects. Including the milestone estimates for each phase of the projects,
- The Estimator will work directly with the design managers, Finance Controllers, and supply chain managers to align and frame problem statements and initiatives that will be evaluated.
- Lead and manage the estimating scope and cost for a wide spectrum of initiatives and projects to enable manufacturing.
- Aligns strategic cost initiatives and goals with all stakeholders including other estimators, Technology Development and Manufacturing
- Manage 3rd Party Quantity Surveying and Estimating Firms across multiple geographies.
- Ensure estimating policies and procedures are consistent and meets internal standards.
- Develop and support ROI cost analysis for proposed solutions.
- Review and validate construction cost estimates provided by the 3rd party estimating firms.
- Track and monitor early cost estimates built by Models or ROMs used for decisions and validate with actual cost.
- Deliver presentations to executive management and key stakeholders.
- Perform local market research to ensure a constant pulse is maintained on the industry
- Responsible to setup and lead the trend log process to capture all design, market, execution, and procurement evolution.
- Lead and estimate major project risk assessments to ensure all estimates have comprehended the most probably cost outcome.
- Travel as needed to support project initiatives and field validations
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Management, Engineering, other related fields or equivalent work experience and training.
- 10+ years of experience in construction, construction estimating, cost engineering, project management, or design engineering
- 2+ years of experience in Semiconductor Industry, Petro-Chemical, Refineries, Pulp and Paper or other Heavy Industrial industry.