Staff Assembly-Packaging Engineer
External Manufacturing Production (EMP) team is chartered with high volume manufacturing of Intel products with our 3rd party Foundry and OSAT suppliers.EMP seeks a dynamic Assembly-Packaging Process Value Engineer for the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide project management, package development and sustaining support for IC or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units.As an Assembly/Packaging process expert, drive Assembly yield, quality and manufacturability projects working with internal assembly teams and OSATs.
- Drive pareto detractors in BE (e.g., Chip-Package-Interaction, assembly, and package) modules.
- Drive CIPs with OSATs to ensure smooth ramp and HVM sustaining. Coordinate and lead focused task forces as needed.
- Responsible for early engagement with TD/NPI development to ensure robust package quality, reliability and manufacturability.Debug assembly process/ test/ product interactions to find solutions.
- Drive implementation of process controls with OSATs to prevent excursions.
- Centralize learning and standardize/ deploy system and process in PVE and HVM.
- Understand the assembly technology offering landscape, strengths and weaknesses, design rules/spec, material properties and participate in driving improvements.Work collaboratively with multiple teams not only within the org but also from the BU engineering / NPI groups and key manufacturing partners to enhance yield and manufacturability.
- Behavioral traits:
- Team player/ facilitator. Works collaboratively with other teams and role models collaboration.
- Influencer. Self-aware, active listener, and seeker of win/win solutions. Seeks to influence key thought leaders and deciders.
- Communicator. Communicates clearly - visual, written, and verbal - across all levels at Intel. Values brevity and getting to the point.Assertive. Works independently, develops a point of view, and advocates across Intel. Respects people and process while advocating.Curiosity.
- Learns fast, derives trends from data, and drives solutions. Asks the great thought-provoking questions that drive action.
- Passion. Person who enjoys Product Integration Engineering, Leadership and has an established track record of achieving excellent results through their team.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field. Master's degree or Ph.D. preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in advance packaging assembly process and technology including 2.3D, 2.5D and 3D packaging.
- Experience in Chip-Package-Interaction risk assessment to evaluate downstream Assembly/Test performance with changes made at Front End design, process, and materials.
- Team player with flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment.