Hsinchu, Taiwan Job ID JR0210506 Job Category Engineering Management Work Mode Hybrid Experience Level Experienced
- Intel's recently announced IDM 2.0 strategy includes a plan to significantly expand the manufacturing network, establishing new capacity and capability to meet the accelerating global demand for semiconductors.
- The external Packaging and Assembly Engineering team (EPAE) will play a critical role in this strategy, leveraging external assembly technologies to deliver leadership products
- Seeking a manager to lead the external New Product Introduction team through technical expertise demonstrating management values. With the key objectives to manage a global team which will qualify Intel's products at an external supplier according requirements guaranteeing a stable process window to support demand with high yielding production.
- Build a strong and intimate relationship with the team and divisions across multiple levels and organizations, timely execute/drive established tasks in close collaboration with the platform manager and partner teams.
- Strongly collaborate with platform management and manufacturing teams. Direct influence product programs through broad experience and expertise.
- The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Motivated self -driven person with strong social skills to lead a team with diverse background
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, tolerance of ambiguity, and commitment to tasks.
- Skills to address complex problems and find solutions.
- Highly collaborative that can effectively drive stakeholders to win results for Intel.
- Excel in leading in a highly matrixed development environment.
- Executes toward results with focus and a sense of urgency.
- Motivated individual with a can-do attitude.
- Is willing to take informed risks to achieve desired team goals.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar degree with focus on micro-electronics, electronic package, or semiconductors.
- 15+ years' experience working in Semiconductor Packaging within a technology development or new product development environment.
- 6+ year experience in leading global teams
- Preferred experience working on new product introductions, in particular in assembly
- Knowledge of resource and budget planning
- Knowledge of supply chain business processes
- Knowledge of NPI development process
- Knowledge in leading multi-cultural globally distributed teams
- Knowledge in project management
- Knowledge of assembly processes and substrate fabrication processes
- Knowledge of cost modelling and impact of processes on cost structure
- Understanding of reliability failure modes in semiconductor processing and electronic packaging, inclusive of die to package interaction failures.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive results across organizational boundaries. lead and work with teams spread across different geographies