Logic Design and Verification Engineer
Foundry Technology Engineering (FTE) group under Global External Manufacturing and Sourcing (GEMS) is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to be part of an exciting engineering team dedicated to enabling and supporting Foundation IPs for Intel design projects (such as client, server, core, atom, graphics, mixed signal IPs, testchips and other SoC projects) to be successful on external foundry process technologies.
As a logic design and verification engineer, you will be responsible for logic design, RTL coding, verilog generation, test bench creation, logic verification for cell libraries, memories, functional units, and subsystems for testchip and product designs. You will collaborate with other designers to provide IP integration support to design teams and SoC customers, implementing RTL in System Verilog, validating and synthesizing the design for timing closure, balancing design trade-offs with modularity, scalability, DFX requirements, power, area, and performance.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Master's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or related fields
- 4+ years of relevant experience in verilog/RTL design and verification
- Experience in verilog/RTL design and verification for memory
- Experience in standard cell verilog generation/validation
- Experience in writing the test bench for functional tests
- Experience with RTL verification tools to ensure RTL code quality
- Familiar with EDA LEC tools to verify logic equivalence between synthesized netlist and RTL
- Experience in verilog and system verilog-based logic design.
- Experience in synthesis flow and timing closure and FEV.
- Knowledge of Power management and UPF for multi-power rail design
- Knowledge of considerations for performance, power, and cost optimization is desirable.
- Proficient in Python or Perl.
- Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry-relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Demonstrate excellent Self-motivation, communication, strong problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Set aggressive goals and meet/beat the commitments.
- Flexible enough to work in a dynamic environment and multitask.