Foundry product yield engineer
This job is to work with external silicon foundry suppliers and Intel various organizations to enable Intel outsourced products manufacturing to the most advanced process technologies. The responsibilities cover both new product introduction (NPI) engineering and risk production ramping including technical program management, design debugging, fab process window characterization and optimization, devices analysis and optimization, and yield analysis and improvements. It is a job giving you opportunities to be involved in the semiconductor industry ecosystem and directly work with Intel business units for Intel's market expansion.
The Foundry Product Yield Engineer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Lead advanced technology technical programs and product engineering teams responsible for delivering products manufactured at the advanced foundry process technologies with optimal performance, power, and yield. Drive to meet schedule and deliverables.
- Build effective relationships with top tier foundry suppliers/technical leaders and Intel internal cross functional organization management to meet/exceed performance, power, yield targets and schedule.
- Drive cross functional teams from design, test, QR and product/yield engineers to timely address low yield root causes and define solution plan/schedule.
- Perform various in-depth design, devices, and yield analysis to investigate low yield root causes and improve product performance, power, and yield.
- Drive design of experiments (DOE) to validate and qualify Si process improvements.
- Lead Task Forces or working groups for yield improvement activities or excursion management.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent communication capability and presentation skills
- Strong leadership
- In-depth knowledge on device physics, cutting edge process technologies and their challenges; yield analysis and improvement methodologies.
- Rich program management experience
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Team player
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Candidate must possess a Master's degree or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Physics, or equivalent engineering field of study.
- 10+ years of working experience in process development of advanced logic technologies covering process integration, device optimization and yield analysis/improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in leading technical programs and cross functional teams.
- Experience in product design, SRAM design/debugging, and/or product test/validation will be plus.