System Validation Debug Lead
We are Data Products Architecture and Engineering (DPEA) within Data Center and Artificial Intelligence (DCAI) driving Data Center and Cloud transformation through innovation, reliability, and proven performance. There are reasons Intel is the global leader and preferred provider of server technology and products. Intel understands the needs of the modern data center and harnesses its years of experience and design expertise to deliver a broad portfolio of innovative server products, systems, and solutions to help businesses grow and be competitive in the market. Our team is motivated and passionate engineers to the core of our heart. We are looking for leaders and path finders.
We are seeking a Power Management (PM) Validation System Debug Lead to join the Intel Xeon Accelerated Performance/ Scalable Performance (AP/SP) Platform Integration and Validation team. In this role you will lead validation debug effort, lead debug forums, perform hands on debug in pre-/Post silicon validation at platform level, work with platform Sysdebug lead on root causing the issue, meet schedule with quality. This role works in cross-org and cross-site collaboration with IP/SoC Design/architecture/Pre-si/FW/SW/BIOS and other Post-Si teams to understand technical features.
Your Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead definition of Power Management debug strategies for current and future products.
- Lead Power Management debug effort for issues found during Pre-silicon, Power-On, Post-silicon, Customer engagement to product release.
- Lead validation efforts to ensure quality of Server Platform and Silicon.
- Run task forces to accelerate debug and faster resolution.
- Help the team members with the validation debug and unblock them to make progress in debug.
- Be voice of the team to represent issues found in debug at the corresponding forums.
- Collaborate with Silicon and other Post-si teams for defect resolution.
The candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
- Good networking, communication, and influencing skills.
- Excellent track record of team skills and collaboration skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a positive factor in identifying top candidates. Requirements listed may be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 7+ years of experience -OR- a Master's Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 4+ years of experience -OR- a PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 2+ years of experience in related field.
2+ years of experience in two or more of following things:
- Developing Validation/Debug Methodology, Strategy Development and Platform Debug Stability.
- Experience with System Architecture with HW/SW/FW.
- Demonstrated experience working across functions to deliver products.
- Platform or Post silicon SOC validation experience.
- Experience with BIOS/Firmware and silicon debug.
- Experience in Power Management system validation.
- Experience leading teams to validate functionalities and debug complex issues.
- Hardware architecture/microarchitecture experience in Platform/CPU/SoC and/or Chipset, and/or one or more of the subsystems preferably Memory, Power management or Electrical.
- Python/Perl scripting.