Projects Estimating Startup Manager
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So, join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Estimating is part of TMG-TD and responsible to provide support for global capital projects supporting Technology Development (TD), Fab Construction Enterprise, Corporate Services, Assembly Test Manufacturing and Assembly Test TD. We are looking for world class technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
The Projects Startup Manager is a key member of our estimating team and provides global project startup leadership and support of select major projects including development, implementation, and delivery of estimating related services on major programs. These services include development, implementation and continuous improvement of project estimating approaches and estimating processes, early estimate development, development and implementation of systems, tools and applications and project business/operations processes, as well as working with our Estimating Controls Managers to establish sustainable site/project estimating teams and operations. Key focus areas include setting project startup strategy, coordination with estimating groups and business partners, developing early Estimate plans, onboarding teams, and implementing business processed.
This role requires coordination and alignment with stakeholders and business partners, development of related general requirements, estimate plan development, onboarding, and oversight of 3rd party teams, estimate development oversight, forecasting, purchasing support, ensuring adherence to estimating policies and procedures, and transitioning to project estimating team. This role is a leadership role to commence and set up estimating and other business operations on major projects, as well as contribute to strategic planning and tactical development to grow and improve Intel Estimating and support of business partners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and Manage the estimating startup and setup for select major projects.
- Establish and transition sustainable estimating operations on select major projects
- Comprehend the scope of the project, project approach, contractual requirements, identify the major milestones and set clear priorities for the estimating team
- Train project estimating teams and ensure the technical quality, accuracy and timeliness of work
- Develop and estimating plans and procedures for projects and Estimating group
- Ensure implementation of the stewardship process identify and champion process improvements
- Participate in kick-offs and ongoing meetings with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor(s) to ensure understanding of estimating role, give/gets, requirements
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for projects
- Support the project change control process and communicate implication of changes. Steward the overall Change Management process
- Review and endorse the plans and procedures developed by the contractor.
- Review and endorse progress and cost/schedule baselines and forecast prepared by contractors
- Assist in developing/reviewing cost corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Management, Engineering, or other related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in construction, construction estimating, cost engineering, project controls manager
- 7+ years of experience in Semiconductor Industry.
- Experience using analytical tools such as Power BI, Excel, Power Query or Equivalent.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs