Platform Security Researcher
The DCAI DPEA Security Assurance and Research team leads security compliance, governance and research work for all Xeon platforms. In this hands-on leadership position, you will formulate and execute plans for security research for various aspects of Xeon platforms and its ingredients.
You will mentor and lead other product security experts and security researchers. Product Security Experts and Security Researchers are responsible for secure design, development and operation of Intel's hardware and software products and services.
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Threat assessments.
- Design of security components.
- Vulnerability assessment and ensuring products conform to standards and specifications.
You may direct the activities of a research group in the research and/or development of technology relevant to an organization's future products, projects and programs. Position requires collaboration with others on the direction of basic research and development relevant to long term objectives and concerns. Develops strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives. Monitors and evaluates completion of tasks and projects. Oversees interdepartmental activities and research effort.Qualifications
Candidate must have a Masters degree or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 9+ years' experience with:
- Computer architecture, GFX, CPU design, SoC layout, chipset functionality, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers, and Data Centric use cases. System security research and exploring software and hardware techniques as a method of attack against targets within the computing systems.
- Security threats, vulnerability research along with practicing security development lifecycle practices.
- Authentication, cryptography, and secure protocols.
5+ years of experience with:
- Threat modeling.
- Security code review, analysis, and vulnerability assessment. Reverse engineering skills.
- Exploitation and mitigation technique developments.
- Security testing techniques including fuzzing and pen-testing.
- Architecting, strategizing and evangelizing advanced product security countermeasures into products.