Physical Verification Applications Engineer - Customer Enablement
The Applications Engineering role for Physical Verification is a customer-facing role that drives customer requirements to collaboratively arrive at a competitive solution with Intel internal partners to meets customer needs.
The key focus is as follows:
- Knowledgeable in the physical verification/layout domain to be able to understand and apply the technical concepts and drive solutions for the customer
- Debugs and root-causes customer issues and proposes solutions
- Fearlessness in bringing the voice of the customer to the Design Enablement team, facilitate meetings with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of customer issues
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
Important behavioral traits:
- Experience interfacing with external customers in prior customer facing roles
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and up level information based on the audience
- Demonstrated experience in analytical problem-solving capability and good teamwork with ability to work across organizational boundaries.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of professional work experience OR Master's degree in one of engineering disciplines referenced above and 3+ years of professional work experience.
- Experience in the following areas (having more than one will be preferred): Physical layout verification knowledge in at least one of the following: Synopsys IC Verification, Siemens/Mentor Calibre; Resolving DRC/LVS/density issues; Process layout design rule from DRM (Design Rule Manuals); Silicon process technology development and related process design kits (PDKs)
- Intel and/or external foundry process technology knowledge in advance nodes
- Experience interacting with customers simultaneously, and highly skilled in the use of Excel and PowerPoint to develop detailed and compelling presentations that convey clear and impactful business stories.