LTD Graduate Internship
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us, and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come
Come join us in the Logic Technology Development (LTD) group in Hillsboro, Oregon, and work in one of the most advanced semiconductor fabrication sites in the world.
Intel's vision is to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. The LTD group plays a crucial role in enabling this vision by developing the world's most advanced silicon processing technologies. LTD provides manufacturing support for the Intel 7 node while accelerating the development of the Intel 4, Intel 3, and Intel 20A processes to support internal products and our external foundry customers.
Join us and help create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Intel LTD offers you a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results. We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future by delivering amazing products now and meeting emerging technology needs. Take a look at Life Inside Intel.
In this position, you will be working with engineers and scientists focused on yield improvement and device characterization of manufacturing processes for current and future silicon technology nodes. Most positions will be focused on experimental design, silicon wafer testing, and data analysis from a variety of sources to make process improvement proposals and support new technology breakthroughs.
As an Intern project worker your responsibilities will be, are but not limited to:
- Analyzing electrical device data to assess the impact of proposed process changes.
- Designing process recipe experiments on silicon wafers to drive technology forward.
- Shepherding silicon test wafers through our world-leading fabrication site to ensure proper processing conditions.
- Review defect data from our manufacturing lines and our future process pilot lines to anticipate issues or rapidly react to signals.
- Working with process engineers to monitor line health and process targeting across multiple operations to ensure good integrated results.
- Creating automated scripts to highlight process problems without the need for human monitoring or intervention
- Create and validate capacity models for fab equipment, then use those models to determine equipment requirements to meet the fab technology ramps across the company.
- Spatially optimize the configuration of first-of-a-kind equipment and use that information to create layout blocks and fab and labs layouts.
- Completing efficiency time studies resulting in new procedures or fixtures to facilitate work in the fab.
- Design, develop, test, and debug software applications that are used by end-users or integrated with other applications.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
For information on Intel’s immigration sponsorship guidelines, please see: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/hiring.htmlQualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. The experience listed below may be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Candidate must be pursuing a MS or Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, or semiconductor-related fields.
- The candidate must have successfully completed a Bachelor of Science degree program in one of the fields listed above.
- Hands-on experience with operating, maintaining, or repairing complex mechanical systems.
- Experience with software tools for the analysis of large sets of experimental data.