Estimating Software Developer
Intel Estimating is seeking an idealistic construction-experienced Software Developer who shares our vision of digitally transforming the way we estimate, and who is eager to help us design, build and systemize a modern data-centric early-stage estimating capability for Intel.
The role will focus on architecting and implementing scalable web-based estimating programs and systems to improve Intel's strategic estimating (data) analytical effectiveness. The Estimating Software Developer will partner closely with Strategic Estimators and other Estimating Data and Systems team members to define algorithms and required functionality of new products to improve estimating operations and/or solve complex strategic estimating business problems.
The Estimating Software Developer will also represent Estimating in support of the broader Fab Construction Enterprise's (FCE) digital transformation initiatives; and will ensure all Estimating product and system solutions and implementation plans are coordinated with FCE's system and data pipeline architecture. Role will manage and support interdependencies and integration among necessary FCE product teams, and will help automate, on behalf of Estimating, current business processes that cross multiple construction enterprise business domains.
- Technical leadership for architecting and designing end-to-end product solutions for delivering improved strategic estimating functionality.
- Create and maintain optimal, scalable program architecture, including building out new API integrations as necessary to support required functionality and/or increases in data volume and complexity.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure Cloud (Azure) technologies.
- Build or supervise the building of data tools and capabilities for strategic estimating analytics that utilize estimating data and historical cost/benchmarking pipelines, including training on new tools.
- Work with the broader Estimating group to define and develop an improved Intel Estimating web presence; administer and manage for both internal and customer/FCE facing consumption of estimating information.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with assigned stakeholders as necessary, including analytics and business teams, to execute against data and analytics needs across Estimating and other FCE teams, including assisting with system-related technical issues and/or data infrastructure needs.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- BSc or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or related technical field of study.
- 4+ years of experience in query and programming languages, including SQL, Java, JSON, Python, C++, Scala, Ruby, DAX, VBA, etc; as well as the MS Azure Cloud suite of technologies
- 4+ years of experience with modern visualization applications, such as Power BI or the like
- Familiarity with Agile development technologies
- Experience with BIM/3D model authoring and review software, such as Revit, CADWorkx, Navisworks, etc
- A bias for troubleshooting, debug and continuous improvement of existing software
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle; full stack development