Engineering Technician, Night Shift
Wafer Assembly Technology Development (WATD)EngineeringTechniciansin Assembly and Test Technology Development (ATTD) will be responsible for:
- Perform electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, chemical or mechanical troubleshooting to maintain equipment used in the assembly manufacturing processes.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to schematics, repair manuals, or specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting diagnosis on production equipment. Resolves non-standard problems, works with minimal supervision, and can adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Works with Engineering to support new equipment installations, sustaining, and process improvement initiatives.
Additionally, in this role:
- Judgment and initiative are required in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations.
Candidates must be willing to:
- Regularly lift to 25 lbs.
- Wear closed toe shoes for the duration of shift.
- Walk 3-5 miles and stand or sit for up to 9 hours within a shift.
- Push carts for a distance of at least 500 m.
- Climb and perform work on ladders or at heights.
- Work in a clean room environment wearing a bunny suit, hood, booties, safety glasses and gloves for the duration of shift (There may be additional safety PersonalProtective Equipment(PPE) required (masks, face shields, etc.).
- Spend the majority of work time (more than 90% less break time) in a clean room environment working on tool sets, processing wafers
- Work on a Day or Night Shift compressed work week schedule. Shifts are twelve hours long and rotate from three to four days a week.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through schoolwork and/or classes and/or project work and/or internships and/or military training and/or work experience.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
You must possess at least one of the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
- 5+ years of experience where preventative maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting are a primary job requirement for the position
- 5+ years of equivalent military training in Mechanics / Machinists / Electronics / Avionics / Automotive Mechanics / Maintenance / EOD / Equipment / Repairers / Systems / Technician / Sonar Training
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field related to semiconductor manufacturing. Example: Microelectronics, Mechatronics, Electronic Technology, Equipment Technology, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Technology, Avionics Technology, Electrical, Chemical, Materials. Candidate must possess the degree or expect to complete the required degree by employment start date
- Bachelor's degree in a non – STEM. Candidate must possess the degree or expect to complete the required degree by employment start date with 1+ years of experience where preventative maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting are a primary job requirement for the position
- Die Prep/Wafer Assembly tool sets and software.
- Electromechanical systems including robotic drives, actuators and microcontrollers.
- Interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- End user computer skills and navigation including use of Microsoft Office applications.