The Engineer Technician will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Physical failure analysis (PFA) of packaged or unpackaged semiconductor product or test chip units and/or TEM lamellae preparation (TEM prep) in support of root cause analysis of fails.
- Working and completing jobs in PFA and/or TEM prep queue in order of priority.
- Assisting engineering in the assessment of defect isolation and identification.
- Organizing work to ensure accomplishment of all assigned tasks including documentation and communication.
- Working from technical documents, design layout, written BKMs, and verbal directions to complete tasks in assigned areas.
- Mastering delayering/ de-processing techniques including but not limited to polishing, dimpling, CNC milling, wet and dry etch, Focus Ion Beam (FIB) operation, FIB assisted depositions/ etching, SEM inspection, TEM prep, and other PFA techniques.
- Assignments are semi-routine but require a mastery of a wide array of laboratory techniques and skills.
- Expect to receive general instructions on tasks but judgment is required to resolve nonstandard problems.
- Basic training will be provided on the job as required in necessary competencies like electron microscopy.
- Attention to detail, focus to execute, and the willingness to learn new techniques are essential.
- Documentation and communication skills are needed.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through schoolwork and/or classes and/or project work and/or internships and/or military training and/or work experience.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship
Candidate must possess the degree by employment start date.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Associate's degree in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry or any Engineering STEM subjects.
- Associate's degree in any field and 1+ year of military experience.
- Associate's degree in any field and 1+ year experience with failure analysis lab.
- Hands-on electron microscopy (SEM) know-how, TEM prep knowledge will be highly rated.
- Understanding mechanical grinding polishing dimpling and or wet and/or dry etching is helpful.
- Knowledge of IC processing and analytical laboratory techniques.