DSP Algorithm Engineer/Researcher
Join a team of researchers at the Intel Software, System and Architecture Research of Intel Labs at Hillsboro, Oregon, responsible for research on future wireless and network technologies. An important part of this research involves innovation in optical and wireless communication, implementing them on simulation and prototyping platforms, conducting experiments, and collecting and analyzing the data to support the research and development.
This is an Intel Contract Employee (ICE) position and relocation assistance will not be provided. This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate will work on W-2 contract that lasts 14 months and may be extended as needed.
As a DSP Research Scientist/Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to developing system models, leveraging state of art optical and wireless communication technologies, and formulating creative solutions. Also, the ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated capability to collaborate as well as work independently to deliver quality designs.
- Design and simulate DSP algorithms for High-speed Coherent Optical DSP architectures.
- Research and develop DSP algorithm specifications and create novel ideas to meet system requirements.
- Run simulations to predict system performance metrics and validate with designers.
- Explore and contribute towards challenging system modeling efforts in a cross-team setting.
- Work closely with Digital architecture designers to translate models to hardware design.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prototype and validate design towards optimal power and performance tradeoff in different stages of product development.
- Great communication skills and demonstrated capability ability to collaborate as well as work independently to deliver quality designs.
Bachelors, Masters, OR PHD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field with 4+ years of relevant experience AND 3+ years of experience in Optical Communication DSP product design is necessary to be considered for this role.
- 2+ years with Communication System modeling and Digital Signal Processing algorithms development.
- 3+ years of experience with High-speed Optical DSP design, especially Equalizers, Phase Recovery schemes, Clock and Data Recovery and Forward Error Correction (FEC such as BCH, LDPC, RS).
- 2+ years of experience in Coherent DSP Algorithms and Architecture design preferred.
- Proficient in Matlab OR C/C++ OR Python.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Fixed point design experience is a plus.
- AI / ML exposure is a plus.
- Experience with algorithm performance vs. complexity and ASIC power tradeoffs is a plus.
- Identifies as a Team-player and is willing to contribute to a wide variety of projects.
- Experience with Optical Transport Network and Satellite communication standard is preferable.
Here at Intel, we invest in our people. Beyond health, dental, and retirement benefits, Intel’s benefits package includes 14 paid holidays per calendar year, three weeks of paid vacation, four-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment, family planning care including adoption and fertility assistance, and over 45 diverse employee resource groups for networking and advocacy. Intel also offers employees five bonuses per year dependent on overall company and personal performance, and an employee stock purchase program.Inside this Business GroupIntel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.Other LocationsUS,CA,Santa Clara;US,AZ,VirtualCovid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlAnnual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:$52,000.00-$200,000.00Working ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.