Director, Parts Repair & Refurbishment Sourcing
The Global Sourcing for Equipment and Materials (GSEM) contracts and sources tens of billions of dollars on behalf of Intel Corporation. The scope of the organization covers a wide range of goods and services from direct materials, equipment, spare parts and so much more. The organization's key goals are: 1) ensuring uninterrupted supply to support our growth, 2) shaping commercial engagements and processes to improve velocity and lower manufacturing costs 3) enabling products and the supply ecosystem to deliver world class supply chain.
GSEM manages all aspects of technology and services required from external partners to develop, manufacture, and deliver Intel's technology and products to Intel's customers. Strategic Parts Supply Chain (SPSC) is part of the GSEM and is responsible for developing and executing the sub-fab supply chain for Intel factories worldwide. SPSC plays a critical role of managing Intel's relationships with the external semiconductor ecosystem and ensuring the best use of ecosystem offerings to maintain Intel's technology leadership, profitability, and success of our customers.
This role is for the Director of Parts Repair & Refurbishment Sourcing to lead the Secondary Capital sourcing within SPSC. The scope of the organization covers a wide range of capital equipment and parts sourcing, manufacturing, and ecosystem development in support of Intel's sub-fab supply chain. The SES goal is to deliver Intel's future through the world's best, predictable, uninterrupted, cost effective, and agile supply chain. The successful candidate is hired at the director level as a staff manager reporting to the GSEM vice president and Director of Strategic Parts Supply Chain
The Director of Parts Repair & Refurbishment Sourcing will leads a senior team of content experts and area managers owning key areas of supply chain that manage spares repair-refurbishment of factory equipment, parts and all aspects of reuse of components to help manage the costs, availability of parts and ensure smooth running of the factories
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage a winning team of content experts for developing repair/refurb solutions for factory spare parts
- Work closely with key partners, stakeholders and the technology development organizations to understand technology roadmap requirements defining, driving and managing equipment development roadmap across a global array of equipment manufacturers.
- Partner effectively with peers, Fab Technology Sourcing and Fab technology development groups to drive successful equipment selection methodology and process.
A successful candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Must have an executive presence in engaging with suppliers at the CEO level with constructive confrontation and collaboration.
- High tolerance to ambiguity, ability to efficiently define concrete strategies and plans in such an environment.
- Proven expertise in bringing industry-leading equipment technologies from concept to HVM deployment in highly complex advanced technology environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills aligned with intel culture and vision to produce technologies that enrich the lives of every human on Earth.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Possess a bachelor's degree (with 15+ years of experience) or master's degree (with 10+ years of experience) in science or engineering
- MBA or equivalent business management qualifications is highly desirable.
- 15+ years of people management experience.
- 10+ years of semiconductor capital equipment experience
- 15+ years of people management experience for capital equipment suppliers.
- Deep supply chain acumen, broad supply chain network, and ability to think strategically and analytically are fundamental to the success of this position.
- Proven expertise in advanced packaging/assembly/substrate manufacturing and supply chain.