Device Modeling Engineer-TCAD
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
We are looking a Technology Computer-Aided Design (TCAD) Device Modeling Engineer who can help us push computing capabilities even further. You will be working in a dynamic team environment that helps develop the latest device technology for Intel microprocessors, using your expertise to develop and apply device and process modeling tools to research advanced devices.
As a TCADDevice Modeling Engineer you will be:
- Developing advanced, physics-based simulation tools and application of these to understand fundamental issues in device design.
- Actively participate in simulation tool development teams.
- Working with teams of colleagues to influence how we build software capabilities, calibrate models and process flows, perform design-technology co-optimization (DTCO), and invent novel devices and innovative processes.
An ideal candidate should be willing to exhibit the below behavioral traits:
- Keen analysis of complex process issues and identification of a solution.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate and align with team members and customers.
- A proactive mindset, able to handle ambiguity and diverse tasks.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.Qualifications
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Physics, or a related field.
- 3 + years’ experience in semiconductor device physics with an emphasis on modeling
- 1 year of experience scientific programming in C++
- 2 + years’ experience with using TCAD or atomistic simulation to study devices or processes.
- +3 years of job/research experience in advanced device transport, quantum effects, electronic structure, device novel device and memory operation, optoelectronics, mesh generation, software architecture and numerical methods for device problems.
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.