Design Technology Architect
About Logic Technology Development
Logic Technology Development - LTD delivers programs and modules to ramp new process nodes, supports HVM and provides a predictable technology cadence for Intel customers.
About the Role
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. To do this it requires focused enthusiastic leaders. Join LTD and help create the next generation of technologies that will touch the lives of people the world over for decades to come.
The Design Technology Architect within the Logic Technology Division of Technology Manufacturing Group is chartered to conduct Design Technology Co-Optimization - DTCO and System Technology Co-Optimization - STCO by leveraging domain experts across various areas of Technology Development, IP development, EDA tools and Product design internal to Intel and from external ecosystem to help LTD make the appropriate technical trade-offs and decisions, especially during the definition phase of the technology life-cycle, to ensure that what Intel builds and launches is competitive against the leading foundry offerings in a similar timeframe, for the appropriate market segments of interest.
In this role, you will be working with the world leading technology experts on advanced technology pathfinding and definition. You will help shape the future of Intel and semiconductor industry as a whole.
The Design Technology Architect plays a key role by bringing together a diverse set of domain experts to drive DTCO, STCO, competitive analysis and technology targeting to ensure that we are in a competitive position with respect to our offerings in a similar timeframe, for the same market segment of interest. The key focus is as follows:
- Lead n+1 and n+2 technology platform DTCOs and STCOs with internal and external customers and partners.
- Lead cross functional team of experts to drive technical and business analysis of what Best in class technology architecture looks like.
- Lead technical decision frameworks to drive clear decision making by senior technical experts and executive management.
- Frame the project objectives, focuses and navigates effort to solve problems, removes roadblocks, manages risks, costs, schedules, drives recommendations to align senior management.
- Drives a team of broad domain experts that covers diverse technical areas such as devices, process integration, lithography, libraries, SRAM bit cells, memory compilers, analog components and EDA / APR so that they can actively participate in DTCO and STCO covering both breadth and depth.
- Works collaboratively with Competitive Analysis team to set the framework for what, how and why competition is making certain technical choices to inform our own decision making parameters.
- Drives early, regular and systematic analysis of technology platform requirements to ensure product, process and IP mix leads to competitive offerings. This is done by collaborating with cross functional experts across product, IP and process technology teams.
- Jointly with the Technology Platform Targeting Team, work towards setting a best in class targets for n+1 and n+2 technologies.
- Drives DTCO and STCO frameworks ranging from setting platform targets, PPA validation methodology, competitive analysis, external partner selection, platform definition criteria, and others.
- Ensure the technical and management team is able to focus on the decision at hand by facilitating the right decision frame and the requisite data.
Demonstrated results and accountability for broad leadership, building of followership and role modeling of Intel's cultural attributes of:
- Customer obsessed - seek to understand what matters most to our customers, listening more and talking less.
- One Intel - WE before ME. We work across boundaries, collaborating across the aisle and around the world.
- Fearless - We are bold. We take risks and challenge ourselves. We fail fast, iterate and continuously improve.
- Truth and Transparency - allows the best ideas to emerge and speeds our ability to solve problems faster.
- Inclusion - Inclusion runs through each attribute and is integral to our culture evolution.
- Quality - Ensure a safe workplace and demonstrate discipline to deliver the products and services that our customers and partners can always rely on.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Materials Science or other related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Silicon process technology development
- Design rule development
- Foundational IP architecture and design
- SOC APR implementation
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs