Compact Modeling Engineer
Technology Development and Modeling (TDM) is part of Intel's Design Enablement (DE) organization. DE is a key pillar in enabling Intel to deliver design, development and manufacturing services that allow internal and external customers to deliver winning products to the marketplace. Your work will directly enable design teams to get to the market faster with leadership products based on innovative technologies.
As a member of TDM you will be at the forefront of co-optimizing Intel's state-of-the-art process technology which allows customers with diverse design needs to enable best-in-class products for data-centric applications. Tech Definition and Modeling Team serves as the design interface with the process development team and works out key design/process interactions for all new Intel processes.
This position involves developing and maintaining various spice modeling extraction, quality and performance evaluation tools, while working in a highly interactive team environment with the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain compact/SPICE device models in internal and external circuit simulation tools, that are used for designs across Intel.
- Devise methodologies to extract SPICE model parameters from I-V and C-V data for all technology nodes.
- Work closely within technology development and design teams across Intel to deliver high quality process files.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with an emphasis in device physics
- 2+ years of professional work experience OR a Ph.D. in the same field of study and emphasis.
- Experience in semiconductor device physics modeling
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) skill using C++
- Parallel programming
- Software application or tool design and modeling
- Graduate level courses or projects relevant to device simulation, transistor modeling/design, circuit simulation or compact model development
- Python programming