Come and join a dynamic and challenging team within the Intel Data Platform Group (DPG) focused on engineering developing and supporting world class platforms and component building blocks aligned to DPG's roadmap and strategies.
Join us in our mission to enable breakthrough innovation for cloud computing in Intel's Data Platform Engineering and Architecture group (DPEA).
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Characterize Power measurements and/performance bottlenecks on Intel Xeon products across Cloud Service Provider workloads (High Performance Computing (HPC), Machine learning/Deep learning).
- Find optimization opportunities in the next Generation CPU Architecture.
- Deep dive into both hardware and software of Customer workloads to understand full system architecture wrt power and performance.
- Design, develop and implement proxy workloads to emulate customer scenarios.
- Good Written/verbal communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of schoolwork, research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Bachelors or Master's or PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline.
- 1+ year of Software Development and Debugging in C/C++, python, C# or any other programming language.
- 1+ years of working knowledge of computer/systems architecture fundamentals and/or x86 CPU architecture
- Familiar with Software workload performance tuning and/or analysis.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with performance tools and methodologies.
- Experience with operating system internals and/or Cloud Server architecture.
The Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Other Locations
US,AZ,Phoenix;US,CA,San Jose;US,CA,Santa ClaraCovid Statement
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.Benefits
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking Model
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.