Cloud Software Development Engineer - 3D/Graphics/Media
Intel is looking for engineers who are passionate to work on Graphics Virtualization technologies partnering with internal and external teams, for the cloud/enterprise segment. This would involve understanding customer requirements of enterprise class workloads and usages and design/develop virtualization solutions spanning across kernel mode drivers, userland components and associated tools.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Software Architects to implement industry-leading features and capabilities for Intel Graphics
- Work with various partners to drive new features and enhance graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, driving software performance improvements, and recommending software improvements
- Designing/implementing graphics system-level software for future platforms
- In this position, candidate will be designing and implementing software/firmware and driving prototypes as needed for new graphics features and new technology for next-generation Intel graphics devices.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement features in Graphics Driver with VMware/ESXi OS interacting closely with hardware and software teams
- Responsible for prototyping efforts on next generation graphics processing units and taking that to production
- Programming primary in C, with some C++
- Ability to drive software efforts with multiple internal teams from Architecture to delivery with limited supervision.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Networking, communication, and influencing skills.
An eligible candidate must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelors degree AND 6+ years experience OR a Masters degree with 4+ years experience in low level technologies.
Minimum of 3+ years of applied experience in at least one of the following attributes:
- GFX 3D/Media pipeline/driver
- Understand and/or interpret graphics driver requirements and designs based on hardware, operating system or industry specifications
- Operating system architecture, kernel mode/low level programming
- C/C++, ISA/assembly programming language.
- Graphics Virtualization background is a plus